When Will It Happen?

I believe alot of what is asked here was also covered in the Post "FOOD FOR THOUGHT" .. so go there and read

Travel to DCA 2012 to MD will be less expensive.. maybe.. depends again on economy/fuel prices etc. But overall it should be! It is a shorter drive than Rochester for South and some NE corps' and flights are better with 3 major airports to bid ... I also know my friends in the Midwest are much happier with MD as it offers more direct flights and cheaper, than when they fly to Scranton and/or Rochester, they have to hit sometimes 1-2 layovers!

I believe alot of what is asked here was also covered in the Post "FOOD FOR THOUGHT" .. so go there and read

Travel to DCA 2012 to MD will be less expensive.. maybe.. depends again on economy/fuel prices etc. But overall it should be! It is a shorter drive than Rochester for South and some NE corps' and flights are better with 3 major airports to bid ... I also know my friends in the Midwest are much happier with MD as it offers more direct flights and cheaper, than when they fly to Scranton and/or Rochester, they have to hit sometimes 1-2 layovers!

:ph34r:

Excuse me sir, just a moment please.. :tongue:

IT'S ACTUALLY FARTHER TO ANNAPOLIS FOR THOSE OF US FROM THE TUNDRA !! :cool:

And FYI - some of us made 5 different airports part of the trip last year...but who's complaining? :innocent:

But to paraphrase Bill Murray from Meatballs: "It just doesn't matter!"

runs and hides

Thanks Vic...it needed to be said here as well.. :worthy:

Pat

I just forgot the thread you had posted your comment in.. :thumbup:

Until it stops being viewed as a competitive advantage to go compete in the northeast, groups will continue to do so. I think once you get a couple of non-northeast groups in the top 3, you will see other groups try to travel. Until that happens, it will stay the same.

funny you say that. How many non NE corps have been in the top 5 over the years that didn't always cone east before finals?

yeah, I know, I'm being logical again

And FYI - some of us made 5 different airports part of the trip last year...but who's complaining? :innocent:

runs and hides

Pat

Now Pat, you're getting a bit picky here... it's basically the same.... St. Paul to Rochester 1000.45 miles St. Paul to Annapolis 1120.95 miles

what's 120 miles among friends?

I simply will not advise Cincinnati Tradition to travel farther than their yearly budget allows. Why would I expect an East coast corps to do so? Don't spend money you don't have, plain and simple.

I would agree. But I'd also ask what you are currently doing to build your budget in the future so you can?

Edited by Ron H

Now Pat, you're getting a bit picky here... it's basically the same.... St. Paul to Rochester 1000.45 miles St. Paul to Annapolis 1120.95 miles

what's 120 miles among friends?

:ph34r: 2 hours :ph34r:

Im just saying why not have an east coast corps skip a show in the east and go south/west? Its a win/win/kinda lose situation. Win: Corps/DCA fan base expands/ corps has a fun trip. Win: Show brings in more money because more people will attend. Kinda Lose: costs more money than a normal season.

If there was some effort involved on both sides, it could happen.

dont flame me for talking about shows earning more money. I understand the show the corps would skip might lose money.

Edited by skeptic

runs and hides

Pat

Actually, Pat I was speaking travel wise for the South Corps and some NE corps ..... but for the airports, I know my counterpart in the Central, enjoyed coming to MD for Rules Congress better than Scranton or Rochester because she didn't have to fly to Bum F** first to get there !!! :tongue:

Edited by hurcwave

Actually, Pat I was speaking travel wise for the South Corps and some NE corps ..... but for the airports, I know my counterpart in the Central, enjoyed coming to MD for Rules Congress better than Scranton or Rochester because she didn't have to fly to Bum F** first to get there !!! :tongue:

I think when you look at the BIG PICTURE its closer for the "BULK" of DCA.

Empire Clearly has to bear the burden of travel in 2012 in the top 5. As pointed out Airports in Maryland are more Friendly *cheaper" for Renegades and MBI. All points South its closer for them by a LARGE margin. As for the other top 3 its shorter for two and longer for one. Not a huge factor in the "BIG" picture.

Reading Buccs

Lawrence MA to Annapolis Maryland 447 miles 7 Hours 40 min

Lawrence MA to Rochester Ny 409 miles 6 hours 32 min

Conneticit Hurricanes

Bridgeport Ct to Annapolis Maryland 276 miles 4 hours 48 min

Bridgeport Ct to Rochester ny 370 miles 6 hours 11 min

Cabs

Hawthorne NJ to Annapolis Maryland 230 miles 3 hours 56 min

Hawthorne NJ to Rochester NY 323 mi 5 hrs 21 mins

Annapolis makes a lot of sense for the majority of the corps and for the majority of the FAN BASE. Its a win win situation but I am sure someone will find something to complain about.