DCI World Championship Prelims

Your signature seems to indicate that you are an adult person. Why do you feel the need to post the same thing over and over again?

Because I m so over of the disrespect that the OC Class receives from DCI......There r at least 7 Corps Dir. who want the OC to go away.....I was in 1 of the Corps the was at the first DCI Class A/Open Finals in 75...And I do not like the way DCI treats the OC Div....

The age old adage of the point spread between WC scores and OC scores has bee figured out today.

The OC scores have dropped an average of 20.2 pts from OC Finals.

Here is a link to a running score sheet on Google Docs:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AkOC7u8Z_kMTdG5TbXRMTGdJaUx2cVpwOE1aU2N3REE&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Congratulations to BDB - OC - SCVC for making semis. BDB has a legit chance to move up even further. :thumbup:

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

The age old adage of the point spread between WC scores and OC scores has bee figured out today.

The OC scores have dropped an average of 20.2 pts from OC Finals.

Here is a link to a running score sheet on Google Docs:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AkOC7u8Z_kMTdG5TbXRMTGdJaUx2cVpwOE1aU2N3REE&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Congratulations to BDB - OC - SCVC for making semis. BDB has a legit chance to move up even further. :thumbup:

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

For those who have been reading the OC forum for years knew that there would b a 20 point drop once scored on the same sheets...we called this years ago....Why did we know this... because people like me who went against WC Corps BITD had first hand knowledge of what it was like to b scored on the same sheets.....BITD if a Corps competed at the same Show regardless of Class, was scored on the same sheets....this should be done at all Shows today.....

For those who have been reading the OC forum for years knew that there would b a 20 point drop once scored on the same sheets...we called this years ago....Why did we know this... because people like me who went against WC Corps BITD had first hand knowledge of what it was like to b scored on the same sheets.....BITD if a Corps competed at the same Show regardless of Class, was scored on the same sheets....this should be done at all Shows today.....

Disagree. As someone who taught one of the OC corps that placed usually in the bottom third... a final score of 74 is alot more rewarding to a 15 year old kid than a 54. Just saying. THINK ABOUT THE KIDS. If DCI don't do anything, they're always looking out for what's best for ALL corps members regardless of class. I WILL give them credit for that.

Open sheets aren't simply World sheets with the top box lopped off, it's an entirely different sheet with an entirely different set of criteria. In simple terms, Open sheets reward execution and achievement above all else. In other words, be clean. The WHAT is far less important than the HOW. In World class, it's an even balance of the two.

Also, if you had Open corps on World sheets in June, some of them would get ridiculous sounding scores. In the single digits.

Edited by Kamarag

When it comes to I&E there must b one Competition not separate.. This is BS that they r separate.....Is the WC Corps afraid that someone who is OC more talented?

Since 2006 DCA members have been allowed to compete in DCI I&E's provided they fall within the age requirements. The OC/WC thing is probably just a matter of scheduling.