Repeat of 2008?

Youtube proved this was not BD, it was another corps with Blue in their name. Just so you don't keep perpetuating bull.

Although interestingly enough, rumor has it the kid who did it is now marching (and playing scream trumpet) for guess who?

Edited by dapperpoet

This time around, if BD somehow manages to defeat the Cadets, I think we would be looking at a riot... or at least the complete opposite reaction of that in 2008. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

For DCI's sake... even if BD is the better corps tomorrow night, they better award the Cadets the championship; otherwise, it may very well leave a very bad taste in the mouths of many fans, which may not be good for the organization.

I think the tone of this post is poisonous to any legitimate discussion, if that was even your goal.

I think a lot of people will be disappointed if Cadets lose. Certainly I personally enjoy the Cadets' show quite a bit more than the Devils' and I always like to see shows I enjoy win. But what I really hope is that the judges judge what's on the field to the best of their ability and let the ranks fall where they may.

Good luck to everyone tonight! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Their problem, though, is that their 'money shots,' so to speak, come too early in the program. I realize, and understand (and really like) the storyline of their show, and the progression of the main character. Putting the money shots in the middle makes sense in context of their show. But from an audience stand-point, and effect stand point, after blowing me away with the middle part, the last movement doesn't seem to go anywhere in comparison.

Good analysis. I like this theory. I can see what you mean in that the "XtraordinarY" things the corps is doing are just kind of spread through the show, where if they were to build to the end and explode in a Cadets 2000 kind of way, yeah that would definitely maximize audience response and GE. They seem to be trying to pull that off with the upside down DM and brass on stilts--maybe they need the whole corps on stilts and upside down while leaping.

Thanks for all the replies again.

I just want to make it clear that no matter who wins tonight, on a personal level, the two corps, or three if you count in Cavies, are performing at a level that is indistinguishable from me. I will love each of their shows in my own way and dislike some of it as well; however, all of that "dislike" of any particular show lies within the design itself and not the performers.

My issues with conspiracies is that, unless we are insiders to the organization, we are and always will be blind to what's really going on. There have been many a posters on here that claim or imply that bias in judging exists, in fact, users on here specifically call out judges who have displayed a certain bias towards or against one corps or another. Do we actually know whether or not DCI told their judges to lean towards one corps or another? Probably not, but still, we do not know. If things like this happen at the highest levels of sport like boxing and basketball, then it most certainly can happen at the lower tiers of competition!

Conspiracy theories occur because trust is either breached or it never occurred. I'm sure there are many here who do not TRUST some of the judges to make the right decision, and in a competition where the slimmest of margins determines victory, it only takes ONE judge to drastically affect the final standings.

Thanks for all the replies again.

I just want to make it clear that no matter who wins tonight, on a personal level, the two corps, or three if you count in Cavies, are performing at a level that is indistinguishable from me. I will love each of their shows in my own way and dislike some of it as well; however, all of that "dislike" of any particular show lies within the design itself and not the performers.

My issues with conspiracies is that, unless we are insiders to the organization, we are and always will be blind to what's really going on. There have been many a posters on here that claim or imply that bias in judging exists, in fact, users on here specifically call out judges who have displayed a certain bias towards or against one corps or another. Do we actually know whether or not DCI told their judges to lean towards one corps or another? Probably not, but still, we do not know. If things like this happen at the highest levels of sport like boxing and basketball, then it most certainly can happen at the lower tiers of competition!

Conspiracy theories occur because trust is either breached or it never occurred. I'm sure there are many here who do not TRUST some of the judges to make the right decision, and in a competition where the slimmest of margins determines victory, it only takes ONE judge to drastically affect the final standings.

Yeah, I totally understand the point you are trying to make. I think it is naive to think that bias and "stuff" doesn't go on and taint judging. Sadly, it exists at most levels.... college and high school included. It's really a sad reality, but I remain ever-hopeful that integrity and ethical actions win out. May the best corps win tonight. It's been a helluva season. (Go Cadets!)