Advice...

Bass drum line.

In the same amount of time it would take you to learn mellophone or baritone, you could learn the hand skiils to play in a bass line.

Yeah, that's a good move.... but I suck (A LOT) at rhythm. It has been consistently one of my weakest areas for me. So... I really can't say yes to that. Thanks for the thought, though. It was a pretty good one.

I will definitely take one step at a time. I can see I was just rushing a bit for advice.

Never to early to ask and one step at a time also sounds right....

And good luck with the engineering, always could use another techie in Drum Corps :tongue: (I've been in IT before it was called IT...)

I did receive interest from Boston University

Aaron Goldberg, the director of athletic bands at BU, is a staff member at the Blue Stars. Just FYI in case you decide to attend BU.

I can't imagine what it would be like having cochlear implants and listening to Dr. Beat all day. It just seems like that would be unbearable. Your doctor would know if steady noise like that would be detrimental.

Good luck to you in your quest to march. I think Pioneer might be a good fit. You sound like the kind of hard working, scrappy kid (with limited brass experience) that would really flourish in the type of environment provided by Pioneer. Heck, bring a couple friends along with you. :thumbup:

Pioneer is a great corps if you want to start in world class. I've marched 2 years and I've loved it and the SOPYS help alot with fees. As for being deaf. Talk to your doctor about how Dr. Beat/overall noise of the corps would affect your listening. We actually had two people this year who were deaf in one ear (me and a cymbal player). It makes things a little difficualt but its all up to you on how comfortable you are with it.

Better Every Day