Melha Accident

I am sorry to report that while driving east on the New York Thruway heading home to Springfield we had a spin out due to a major downpour. Our tow vehicle braked to avoid a collision and our trailer hydroplaned and spun both truck and trailer. The truck/trailer did a 180 coming to rest against the guardrail facing the wrong direction! The driver was able to get it out before someone could hit it.

NO ONE WAS HURT!

However the truck sustained damage to both sides of the bed, the front and rear bumpers, and the trailer hitch is now at a 45 degree angle! We were able to still drive the truck to get us home, however we were not so lucky with the trailer. It has heavy damage, and the body separated form the floor! The right side door was almost torn off. It does appear that all our equipment survived the accident but since it was getting dark, and raining we will have to wait till we get it back home to do a thorough inspection.

At this time it would appear that we may not be able to compete in the spring BHOF events, as we do not presently have the funds to replace the trailer, We are hoping that we are covered by insurance, but are not sure what will be covered.

Just thought our friends would like to know what happened.

I will post updates.

Again, no one was was injured, and we KNOW we got lucky that no other vehicle struck ours!

Edited by BIG BARI 3

Glad nobody was hurt.

Wow . . . I am glad that no one got hurt. On Sunday, the ride back east on the Thruway was frought with torrential rain, winds, and even a Tornado caught by someone on YouTube

Some of our upstate crew got caught up in the same storm.

Hope things work out and that the insurance helps you replace equipment and trailer.

Sure glad to hear everyone was ok....I think I flew just to the south of that cell that produced that Tornado...was about 4:20 PM, and I saw the incredible anvil clouds...in fact I took pictures of them that's how impressive they were!

So glad to hear no one was hurt...can understand the conditions, I had rain so heavy on the MA Turnpike after Exit 1 for about 25 mi., that even State Police cruiser was only going about 40 mph. Visibility was almost non-existent. Hope insurance comes through for you and again glad everyone is OK.

Dan,

I'm glad everyone is ok.

Larry

At this time it would appear that we may not be able to compete in the spring BHOF events, as we do not presently have the funds to replace the trailer, We are hoping that we are covered by insurance, but are not sure what will be covered.

Dan if necessary when you come to the Boston HOF show in the spring your group can use the Defenders percussion equipment.

Dale

UPDATE

Damage estimate on truck $6800!

Insurance co. has not talked about trailer yet. We are hopeful that it can be made road worthy and towed back to Springfield.

Thank you for the kind responses.