Guard Instructor Available

tothepoint

This will be my 5th year as a Dance/Colorguard Instructor. I have 13 years of dance experience 7 of them at a national competitive level. I have danced professionally with a Ballet Company. I marched with Crossmen and the Cavilers.

I am looking to relocate, from where I am currently at.

I am always looking to push the envelope in the Band Pageantry World, to create something unique and special. It's not about placement, its about the process and development of the show and creating something magical for the students, audience, and judges.

Contact me for information at luckie3@yahoo.com

Edited by tothepoint

We all know that sometimes our fingers do not keep pace with the thoughts that we are trying to get down in post. So a typo or two can be expected.

However what really caught my eye was.

"I am looking to relocate, from where I am currently at."

This leaves the door open for some interesting speculation and some really back handed comments depending on who may read it, and who might be in a mood to post. I'm just saying.

Some advice:

Be as clear and professional as possible if you are in fact looking to make contacts for possible jobs (you never know what icons/gods of the color guard world are reading the forum). You may be able to spin and write incredible work, but you will not get your foot in the door if you cant be taken seriously in the marketing of yourself to those that make the hiring decision.

Edited by Michael S
  • Like 1

We all know that sometimes our fingers do not keep pace with the thoughts that we are trying to get down in post. So a typo or two can be expected.

However what what really caught my eye was.

"I am looking to relocate, from where I am currently at."

When I first read this line I said out loud: From where else would you be relocating? Punctuation. Grammar. And a desire to leave where he's at (sic).

Better be a heck of an instructor to outrun these ghosts, IMO.

oh also..if you are new to teaching in a specific area....A..open...world..I would suggest instead of trying to create somethingmagical maybe look to be a team player..unless someone is looking for a person to take over.. theres certain buzz words in hiring someone that either attracts you to them or turns them off. just a suggestion

Edited by GUARDLING