Did this not bother anyone else?

BD. :worthy:

Ha. Nope. It wasn't a BD.

It was a great show, super innovative. Still one of my favorites, even if when the brass did start to move they got pretty ugly quick.

I'd venture to say this was one of the most difficult drum corps shows of all time, as well. It also didn't help that a new brass staff was there, in their first year, trying to completely redefine the way drum corps sounds.

This hornline in the parking lot was RIDICULOUSLY GOOD. Like, OMG, let's throw babies good. But on the field, they weren't.

Ha. Nope. It wasn't a BD.

It was a great show, super innovative. Still one of my favorites, even if when the brass did start to move they got pretty ugly quick.

I'd venture to say this was one of the most difficult drum corps shows of all time, as well. It also didn't help that a new brass staff was there, in their first year, trying to completely redefine the way drum corps sounds.

This hornline in the parking lot was RIDICULOUSLY GOOD. Like, OMG, let's throw babies good. But on the field, they weren't.

Was it their first year on Bb horns as well?? I think it was....., and i think they had a pretty good hornline the next year that's been talked about on this thread. But maybe i'm way off... :sleeping:

Yogi-

Your credibility continues to be discredited the more you try and speak on the topic of hornlines and especially with your claim to 2 hornlines that were much better.

As much respect that I have for what the Cavaliers do I would never call their strength of programming the hornline and definitely not in discussion of best lines in DCI history. There are numerous BD, Garfield/Cadets, SCV, Star and now Crown lines that I would put ahead of the Cavalier lines of 02-03. Obviously the Cavaliers are incredible at programming, effect, drumline, etc and they do play well but not at the highest level.

Since I am sure your next comment will be a negative to Crown.... Crown's hornline is their STRENGTH with their visual program seeming to be the weakest point.

Lastly, as someone that marched a pretty demanding show, it is easier to march and play at 200 bpm well than to add in the body movement and dance. Yes that is visual demand and just as demanding as marching and playing. And also playing together and well spread across the field is also demanding.

Obviously you do not like Crown for some reason but at some point hopefully you will respect the level at which they have achieved from a brass perspective. Every corps has their niche and better to give credit where credit is due.

• Like 9

better...I know someone that marched both places. Both demanding, just different types of demanding. and brass wise, what Crown has on paper alone blows away the parade of donuts the Cavies usually trot out.

that said, they are both demanding. just because you don't like one doesn't make it demanding.

Look, I know I;ve bagged on BD for lack of velocity. But I also recognize the show a skill long enough to show they can do it well, and then move to a new one. Still demanding, just not running playing whole notes at 200 bpm ( they like to let those not playing do the running :tongue: )

i would really like to know who this is? Seeing as how i've been fairly involved with the corps since 2003, there's only one person who went to crown AFTER they marched cavaliers. And even then he said he wish he stayed there for his age out. So message me a name if you don't want to publicly say.

• Like 2

Action failed: you have reached your quota of negatives for today :thumbup:

• Like 1

Just for conversation, anyone want to guess this corps and year?

I was going to say Crossmen '09... but no one went to see them in the lot anyway...

Was it their first year on Bb horns as well?? I think it was....., and i think they had a pretty good hornline the next year that's been talked about on this thread. But maybe i'm way off... :sleeping:

Yes sir. 01 Cavaliers.

That hornline in the lot was awesome/amazing/fantabulous.

On the field... well... yeah. Not so much.