Closest All Age Corps to Indianapolis?

The only downfall would be dealing with Chicago traffic to and from Wisconsin. Anyone who has driven in or around the area on weekends knows how frustrating this can be. *shrug*

All depends what time one is traveling through, and (more importantly) what route one travels. I always take the bypass around Chi-Town and no matter what time of day or evening (including holidays), it's smooth sailin'. Like butta;....just....like....butta. :thumbup:

A few times I traveled at 90 mph (in reverse) just to make it less boring.

In 2002 I lived in Columbus, Ohio, and marched Kilties.

You tend to go in the "other direction" than what the traffic/backups are. Chicagoans are leaving the city Friday night (Eastbound) and returning (North/West-bound) Sunday evening on I-90/I-80/I-65. You are going the other way. As Bill said, you take the "Indiana Skyway" route through downtown Chicago (NOT 290/294 through the suburbs). They have also improved/widened the interstate from Chicago to Racine. A fast trip from Indy.

• Kilties are under the direction of Scott Stewart, who ran Madison Scouts for 30 years.
  • Kilties had a solid 9th place finish at the 2011 DCA Championships; drumline caption was 8th.
  • Kilties enjoy a large number of performance opportunities: field shows, concerts & parades.
  • Kilties 2012 have a FANTASTIC musical program, which I think will be announced in about a week.
  • Kilties have a solid, "working" board of directors that, over time, have put the Kilties in an enviable position.
  • Kilties are debt-free, in the black, and have resources to weather a "rainy day" (I'm not sure ANY other corps, junior or all-age, can say this)
  • Kilties enjoy a diversity of membership - wide-range of ages and backgrounds - that makes for a healthy mix of old-school experience and HS/College youth enthusiam/energy.

Edited by dannyboy
  • Like 1