Speaking of DQ's...

What junior corps could we have added to the list that had over age members BITD?

I think after 40 years we can say names now LOL

I'm not going to name names, but I know of one corps for sure that had a person celebrate their age-out year and then go march another age-out year with another corps. He had a friend who's mother worked at a hospital and made a fake birth certificate. He looked way over 21 too so it was really pretty obvious, but no one said anything. That's what made the whole DQ thing just a pile of sour grapes. Corps with overage members were pointing the finger at other corps with overage members. A few actually got caught, but most didn't. It's probably a little harder to do today, but I would expect there are still a few out there every year who manage to bend the rules. It's not that hard if you know someone in the right place.

I know it happened pre-DCI with a few corps in the east, one being a perennial powerhouse. So what trouble is it, after 40 years, to name names. This a has been talk for that long anyways, what's the harm by now?

I didn't know of any over-age marchers, but I was an under-age member in '72... :tongue:

Needed to be 13 and I was only 12 - but was a pretty good sized kid, so it went through anyway. hehe!

I know it happened pre-DCI with a few corps in the east, one being a perennial powerhouse. So what trouble is it, after 40 years, to name names. This a has been talk for that long anyways, what's the harm by now?

A friend of mine marched with a competitor - we were the same age. I aged out in 1977. In 1978, I was at a local show, and our competitor marched out of the stadium. I wouldn't break ranks, and just watched as the members went by.

Then.....there he was !!!! WTF ??? I called him on it a few days later. He said one of the members had to attend an out of state function and he simply filled in for that one show. I didn't see him marching the rest of the year.

Before DCI - there were many corps that marched an overage member. The Vietnam war and many of our young men were in the reserves and had to leave for their 2 week summer duty. Often times, a former member jumped in to hold the spot for a few weeks.