Official Announcement about the 2012 Season - The Brigadiers

Real shame... it seems corps that go inactive have either not come back, or not come back with a sustainable product. Glad too see Brigs are taking the approach of "don't be a one and done organization" which is a good thing!

Wow...sad to hear of the difficulties. All who know me, know of my love for the Brigadier organization, so believe me when I say it is right to wait until the corps is financially stable, before taking to the field of competition. I am as anxious as anyone out there in the drum corps world to see this fine corps active again.

We defied the odds once, by coming back after about twenty years of inactivity, to achieve five DCA World Championships. The chances of success are dependant on many things, but first and foremost is a sound financial base. Without that, failure would simply be a matter of time.

Fortunately, the corps is inactive...it has not folded. Let's all be patient and wait for all the right "ingredients" to be in place, before we don the red & black, and return to the field.

In the meantime, if you ever marched as a Brigadier, or if you would like to someday, keep your chops in shape, keep your chin up with a positive attitude, share your thoughts and feelings with the Board of Directors, and say your prayers. The Brigadiers will be back. Count on it...when the time is right.

Real shame... it seems corps that go inactive have either not come back, or not come back with a sustainable product. Glad too see Brigs are taking the approach of "don't be a one and done organization" which is a good thing!

I completely agree that it is important to comeback with a sustainable product and financial stability[some atleast]!

Have to admit I am sad about this.

Donny

Me too.

We want you back on the field. We need you back on the field. But as others have stated, you shouldn't come back to the field unless it is a fiscally responsible thing to do for the short-term and long-term health of your organization. I'd rather wait a year or two more and have the Brigadiers around for a long time than enjoy 2012 and then see you exit the field again. That's probably more damaging because you have to start all over again building membership and so forth.

Hurry back. But don't rush back.

Best of luck!

Its a shame that things sometimes get messy, but I have to side with Scott on this one--better to do this right than to lose it all just to come back for one season. As with a lot of us, we all would love to see the corps come back, but we gotta be smart about this...I just hope that there aren't too many hurt feelings over this mess, those who were "terminated" may someday see the wisdom of the board's decision to hold back, and choose not to hold it against the corps...

• 3 months later...

Well I haven't heard anything about the Corps from the board so I'm just going to assume the corps is officially dead. Time for me to stop waiting for a response that isn't coming and find a new corps to call home.