What are the typical tuition rates for Open Class corps

What's the total cost for a new marching member to join an Open Class corps for their first time.

I asked this question in the WC forum and got many responses...it ranges from a low at $2500 to as high as $3700.

This does not include any travel costs...just the cost of a year's tuition and fees.

So, the same question for Open Class. What's it cost?

What's the total cost for a new marching member to join an Open Class corps for their first time.

I asked this question in the WC forum and got many responses...it ranges from a low at $2500 to as high as $3700.

This does not include any travel costs...just the cost of a year's tuition and fees.

So, the same question for Open Class. What's it cost?

I think it depends on the amount of traveling each corps does. Corps like Revo costs as much as some WC corps because they travel extensively, other corps like Raiders are almost half the price because they don't travel as much.

I do know Raiders costs $1550 + $50 camp fee from November to April (no camp fees after April). They have two tours and will do one or two local DCA shows because of lack of shows on the East coast. No uniform or equipment rental fees.

Edited by OldBones

I think it depends on the amount of traveling each corps does. Corps like Revo costs as much as some WC corps because they travel extensively, other corps like Raiders are almost half the price because they don't travel as much.

I do know Raiders costs $1550 + $50 camp fee from November to April (no camp fees after April). They have two tours and will do one or two local DCA shows because of lack of shows on the East coast. No uniform or equipment rental fees.

So for Raiders it would be $1550 + $300 in camp fees = $1850.

Thank you. Do the Raiders offer discounts for returning veterans or for veterans who invite a new member who stays the entire season? I have seen corps who do either or both of these discount programs.

Thanks for the information.

So for Raiders it would be $1550 + $300 in camp fees = $1850.

Thank you. Do the Raiders offer discounts for returning veterans or for veterans who invite a new member who stays the entire season? I have seen corps who do either or both of these discount programs.

Thanks for the information.

Yes.

Yes.

Thanks again. I appreciate you sharing this information.

As someone who has helped members with their tuition costs in the past with both Open Class and World Class, it's interesting to see how things continue to change. I understand the Revolution information as well, as if they are out there touring more and racking up more costs on the road, it would make sense that the tuition would be higher.

Last time Impulse did a national tour in 2008 I recall was around $1600 (+fees...?). For a local tour it was about $800, same for Gold.

Last year Colt Cadets cost $675 for the season (Tuition + uniform). We are kind of unique because kids live at home or with host families during the week between shows, and we stay pretty close to Dubuque most of the summer. Overnight trips typically include 4th of July in the Chicago area, a couple days to swing to Des Moines/Minneapolis/Wisconsin/Kansas City, a couple 2-day trips for Midwest shows, and a full week for finals. Here is the link for the 2011 info, 2012 for the Colt Cadets will get going in late January. http://www.colts.org/cadets/cadets.cfm

Lots of our Colt Cadet members will attend Colts try-out camps in the winter for the experience and feedback, and a good percent of the Colts and Colts staff started as Colt Cadets. Colt info for try-outs can be found here: http://www.colts.org/news/news.cfm?news_id=575

Last year Colt Cadets cost $675 for the season (Tuition + uniform). We are kind of unique because kids live at home or with host families during the week between shows, and we stay pretty close to Dubuque most of the summer. Overnight trips typically include 4th of July in the Chicago area, a couple days to swing to Des Moines/Minneapolis/Wisconsin/Kansas City, a couple 2-day trips for Midwest shows, and a full week for finals. Here is the link for the 2011 info, 2012 for the Colt Cadets will get going in late January. http://www.colts.org/cadets/cadets.cfm

Lots of our Colt Cadet members will attend Colts try-out camps in the winter for the experience and feedback, and a good percent of the Colts and Colts staff started as Colt Cadets. Colt info for try-outs can be found here: http://www.colts.org/news/news.cfm?news_id=575

Also last year part time housing was $200 and full time housing was $400. My son was in part time housing and we figured our total expenditure was about $1,200 to $1,300 (this includes gas to and from Sunday camps and to and from part time housing).