What are the typical tuition rates for Open Class corps

Colts/Colt Cadets can be free with volunteering for bingo and other ways also, excluding some fees I assume.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jake.

So, if an Open Class corps was thinking of charging their members $2500, that seems a lot higher than the costs I am reading here for other Open Class corps.

Perhaps it's depending on whether the corps is going to championships or not. If a corps wasn't traveling from California, let's say to Indianapolis, they might not charge as much for membership.

But, as I read on one open class corps' website, it appears like $2500 is the member cost. That's almost as much as a World Class corps would cost with more than double the number of shows. Seems like a lot to me for only 12 performances. It's good to see not every corps is charging that much.

Also remember that not all Open class corps schedules are totally set yet. Once all of the WC corps are locked in, they then sometimes add it Open class corps as well. Of course, I could be wrong on that statement.

Thanks Jake.

So, if an Open Class corps was thinking of charging their members $2500, that seems a lot higher than the costs I am reading here for other Open Class corps.

Perhaps it's depending on whether the corps is going to championships or not. If a corps wasn't traveling from California, let's say to Indianapolis, they might not charge as much for membership.

But, as I read on one open class corps' website, it appears like $2500 is the member cost. That's almost as much as a World Class corps would cost with more than double the number of shows. Seems like a lot to me for only 12 performances. It's good to see not every corps is charging that much.

So, what did this corps charge last year? Maybe they're traveling pretty far for them this year, like out of their area.

Thanks Jake.

And???????????

Thanks Jake.

So, in your own opinion, what would be a fair fee to charge, with EVERYTHING included, if the corps was going to finals, and traveling half way across the nation to do so?

So, in your own opinion, what would be a fair fee to charge, with EVERYTHING included, if the corps was going to finals, and traveling half way across the nation to do so?

I think it's fair to price tuition at the following rate.

Number of performances in front of paying crowds X $100.

So, if your corps performs 30 shows including up to semifinals (finals is not a given for all but a select few) then tuition should be $3000.

If you perform 25 shows, it should be $2500.

If you perform 10 shows, it should be $1000.

That's not a bad way to look at it, but with so many factors coming into play, it's hard to be that cut and dry. I know every corps I've ever been a part of has lengthy discussions on budget, and how much of the budget is reflected in dues vs other revenue streams. It never seems to be an easy discussion/decision, and everyone would love to be able to cut membership dues cheaper, but sometimes there's just not a way to do it.