Drum Corps Music + Plants

I think drum corps and pants go well together, except for the Kilties and the one time Bayonne decided to compete sans pants after a big rain.

Oh....never mind... :lookaround:

Show was cancelled due to rain, so instead of a competition the Bridgemen provided the crowd an on field exhibitionist of their show... opps, sorry... I mean, an on field exhibition of their show.

Edited by BRASSO

Wait... I'm confused. Nobody has posted this in this thread:

Is it June yet?!!!??!!? :tongue:

I've heard there are studies concerning plants and music- the scenario in my head goes that they grow better when listening to classical vs hardcore metal.

Would the medium of music matter or is it confined to genre/mood? How would you expect plants to grow when you have Drum Corps looping? Would it grow better listening to Teal Sounds' 2009 show vs. the same collaboration of music put together on a mix-CD?

The experiment could go like this: 46 plants in 46 different areas (yeah, hard to find I know) listening to a single show looped for a period of months. One set of 23 would listen to Drum Corps shows- i.e. plant number 1 would have "1940" all the time for a few months and another plant would have that same music consecutively stitched together on a mix-CD.

I'm writing this on a whim with no motivation to research the plants+music experiments but I know they are around and I'm leaving it up to you bored people (I'm a little busy with homework right now).

Theories and thoughts?

I bought a Dracaena Marginata in 1976, it was always in my living room move after move after move for decades. My plant is now 35 years old, it's heard lots of music! One of these days I'll I post a photo of my Dracaena Marginata as at 2012 :)

Careful what you wish for.

It could turn into a "Little Shop of Horrors" situation real fast.

I bought a Dracaena Marginata in 1976, it was always in my living room move after move after move for decades. My plant is now 35 years old, it's heard lots of music! One of these days I'll I post a photo of my Dracaena Marginata as at 2012 :)

I knew a Flower Child from the 60's, 70's that told me grew some peculiar plants in her backyard and wanted me to come over, check them out, and listen with her to some "groovy music " with her plants. I decided to pass on her offer however. I'm pretty sure she thought she saw all her flowers grow bigger than the moon sometimes.

Edited by BRASSO

I knew a Flower Child from the 60's, 70's that told me grew some peculiar plants in her backyard and wanted me to come over, check them out, and listen with her to some "groovy music " with her plants. I decided to pass on her offer however. I'm pretty sure she thought she saw her plants grow bigger than the moon sometimes.

I think it's easy to guess what her plants looked like.

Good golly! I'm a 10 year hobby gardener. Lettuce be friends and make like a tomato and Ketchup (catsup) lol ... if my Dracaena Marginata could talk ... it might say it luvs the rhythm of the beat :0)

Good golly! I'm a 10 year hobby gardener. Lettuce be friends and make like a tomato and Ketchup (catsup) lol ... if my Dracaena Marginata could talk ... it might say it luvs the rhythm of the beat :0)

I'm not sure if the Marginata's can talk. A couple of Margaritas' can make one dance to the rhythm of the beat and make one's garden look better, I'm told however.

Edited by BRASSO

I'm not sure if the Marginata's can talk. A couple of Margaritas' can make one dance to the rhythm of the beat and make one's garden look better, I'm told however.

Planting a seed to make a garden grow is beautiful! Here's a collection I had from 1975 with my comic book collection and drum corps stuff. Please close this topic 'cause we're off topic :)

IMG_0232-me.jpg

edit: and a few National Geographic magazines

Edited by lindap