Standstill Charts

.... and if you have a trumpet soloist with serious chops... there is

Thinking outloud.... wondering why there isn't more encouragement for kids in corps to put some small ensemble stuff together in the off season and promoted online under the corps brand? Certainly could help with outreach to educators showing that kids have serious legit skills.

Mix the performance in with kids talking about their experience and goals (ex: ones going into music education)... to sort of win hearts and minds of various educators so they don't see the brands of these corps as being sort of one dimensional.

Edited by danielray

Fun topic!

Excellent! I have often envisioned this as a corps tune. Great to see I am not the only one that is nutty like that.

I've always liked "All Night Long" by Lionel Richie. Great groove and nice parts for both brass and pit.

See: Velvet Knights 1984

• Like 1

Call me crazy, but I think that there is a treasure trove of music by Green Day that could be fun. Especially some of the arrangements from the Broadway adaptation of American Idiot. Seriously.

Excellent! I have often envisioned this as a corps tune. Great to see I am not the only one that is nutty like that.

University of Arizona marching band did it, but they gutted the cool part of the song that would have been the best. Plenty of videos on youtube. Starts around 2:00 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vMJktWXCxE

Continues here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cSCeXNjdUE

Edited by whitedawn

Marion County High School (KY) used that piece in their show this year. I have a video or two of them on my channel.

Did you see my link above regarding that piece? It will take you to a DCI recording of it.

Great video! :thumbup: That's what I call fun drumcorps!

Somebody to Love by Queen.

Not the same song, but same artist:

Bourbon County (KY) 2009 used "Who Wants To Live Forever" in their show. Worked wonderfully.