Taking A Break?

BD9

It is funny how many people got caught up on this "but I will want to audition for the Blue Devils either 2013 or 2014, so I'm worried I might be too out of practice..)"

but Ignored this "(note: I have 5 years of marching left. If I march this season it'll be with the corps I marched in 2011, I just miss them too much"

It seems to me you can have upwardly mobile thinking, while enjoying the fruits of your experience! :ph34r:

Maybe ring chasers, corps hoppers and such... are just great kids trying to have fun, get better and get what they need from their drum corps experience and some of us should STOP THE JUDGING!!!!!

Always thought that people who marched both OC and WC had the best of both worlds as they could experience the differences of the two. At least they'd never have to wonder what it would have been in the Class they never marched in. Never did DCI but went from last place at Prelims my first year to 6th my last year playing horn. Just totally different experinces as the corps improved....

LOL - caught the second line (5 years) but missed the first (2013/14). :doh:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

This is good advice and appropriate for someone who’s probably about 16 or 17 trying to deal with some serious issues.

It is funny how many people got caught up on this "but I will want to audition for the Blue Devils either 2013 or 2014, so I'm worried I might be too out of practice..)"

but Ignored this "(note: I have 5 years of marching left. If I march this season it'll be with the corps I marched in 2011, I just miss them too much"

It seems to me you can have upwardly mobile thinking, while enjoying the fruits of your experience! :ph34r:

Maybe ring chasers, corps hoppers and such... are just great kids trying to have fun, get better and get what they need from their drum corps experience and some of us should STOP THE JUDGING!!!!!

I’m not certain that all that many colleges do all that much to assist with housing unless it’s in a college dorm. It’s not because the colleges are unwilling to help as much as colleges focus on on-campus housing. If BD9 is looking for off-campus housing, he/she’s on his/her own. As someone who has lived in Boston, sometimes dubbed “the Athens of America” because of all its colleges, I’ve seen lots of students trying to find housing at the last minute with little or no help from colleges. It’s also not uncommon to see news reports about college students arriving at apartments in the fall only to find them inhabitable. Finding a good apartment with a reasonable rent and reputable landlord is not easy or a task to be taken lightly. Also, I wouldn't suggest asking parents who have had to load the car, buy furniture, and lug belongings up who knows how many flights of stairs if colleges take care of moving in, especially after freshman year.

Actually, a few post down the OP does mention money (fund raising issues) AND the fact that they will need to arrange a place to live in college and deal with moving in...which really is no big deal, and something the college can handle for you. So I just kinda read between the lines...