27th Lancers Alumni Corps @ '94 DCI Championship

27th Lancers Alumni Corps at 1994 DCI World Championships in Foxboro, MA The story behind the 27th Lancers memorable performance at the 1994 DCI Championships in Foxboro, MA. Building a drum corps of huge proportions in a little more than a year's time is recounted through photographs, home video and personal stories culminating in the entire "show stealing" final performance

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5877723053704824367#

27th Lancers Alumni Corps at 1994 DCI World Championships in Foxboro, MA The story behind the 27th Lancers memorable performance at the 1994 DCI Championships in Foxboro, MA. Building a drum corps of huge proportions in a little more than a year's time is recounted through photographs, home video and personal stories culminating in the entire "show stealing" final performance

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5877723053704824367#

Outstanding! I'm sitting here in tears.... Thanks for sharing!

Outstanding! I'm sitting here in tears.... Thanks for sharing!

If anyones eyes are still dry at the end of watching that film they should immediately check themselves for a pulse.

You should have seen the audience response from my side :thumbup:

I was one of those making noise that night. Went with some non-drum corps fans and totally embarrassed them but I’m not ashamed. Actually they were the ones who stood out like spore thumbs. “Once More in 94” may be my all-time favorite drum corps memory.

There’s only one thing that disappoints me that is out of 27th Lancer control is that “Once More in 94” is not included on the Legacy DVD. Don Pesceone’s retirement is part of the vignettes, but there’s no mention of that great show, even in the comments by Steve Rodinaro and Michael Cesario, though it is more memorable than the performances of the finalists that evening.

Any chance of a repeat, perhaps a “Back for more in two-zero-one four?”

• Like 1

Thanks for your continued support and kind words TimK. I lived, breathed, slept, ate and drank everything 27th from the time I first saw the corps on Columbus Day 1969 in the annual parade in Revere. I was fortunate that I marched 4 years - with some original members - and - some future DCI HOFers. I was also taught for 4 more during some of the most competitve years of the corps life. When the call came for Once More in 94 - I knew the next 18 months of my life was going to be centered around re-living my youth. Fortunately for me - my wife is a Lancer rifle - and we were able to participate together.

I won't say we'll never assemble again - but it will never be the same. One of the most heartbreaking stories to share, is the number of friends that have passed since that performance - including our surrogate parents Patsy and George B.

The logistics to assemble are enormous, and with the alumni movement very strong in greater Boston, I am certain we'd be competiting for the same members - which might be a good thing for some - but not for all. In my heart - it's the memory of the entire committment that remains strong - and perhaps best left on video for others to enjoy for the ages.

http://video.google....723053704824367#

You know what I love about this? They show up in 1994 and other than the size, it appears as though they never even left or skipped a beat. Put this performance in a time machine and take it back to 1980 and I think it STILL would have made the top 2 or 3.

• Like 3

You know what I love about this? They show up in 1994 and other than the size, it appears as though they never even left or skipped a beat. Put this performance in a time machine and take it back to 1980 and I think it STILL would have made the top 2 or 3.

Thanks. It was all about the passion of doing it "Once More" ..... not only for being together again, but doing it for all those who could not be there.

It's for all those "absent friends" that every Lancer weeps whenever we hear Danny Boy:

But come ye back when summer's in the meadow

Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow

'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow

Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so.

Two-Seven.