DCI All-star Corps/Ensemble

The previously mentioned all Star corps that went to the cotton bowl after the 1987 season, the Orange Bowl after the 1988 season, the fiesta Bowl after the 1989 season, and Macy's after the 1991 season was the product of DCM (drum corps midwest) and funded by Cook Group (ie. Star). Each year all of the DCM corps would send 10% of their membership to perform as the DCM all Stars. Each corps sent 1 member from the guard and 1 member from the drumline (corps were told which section of the line the member was to be from). Each corps also sent 1 DM. the horn positions were dictated to the corps ie how many sops, mellos, Bari, Contra they were supposed to send.

in 1988 since we (I played 1st bass in the 1988 DCM all star corps) were in Florida, the Florida Wave hosted us and also contributed 10% of their membership to the corps.

In 1989 since the corps went to the fiesta bowl they hooked up with DCW (Drum Corps West) and those corps also sent a percentage of their membership.

in 1991 for the Macy's parade the corps included DCE (Drum Corps East) members as well.

During each of these years members of the Minnesota Brass & Governairs senior corps also participated since they were members of DCM at the time. In 1991 the Royal Lancers Senior Corps was also represented.

I believe the 1994 Macy's performance was just the East coast junior and senior corps.

I do not remember where the DCM all star corps performed after the 1990 season.

In 1987 & 1988 the corps used the Star of Indiana busses, Truck, Food Truck, and Percussion instruments. Each horn player brought their own horn from their corps. I don't know if Star provided the equipment the other years but would assume they did for the DCM performances.

The previously mentioned all Star corps that went to the cotton bowl after the 1987 season, the Orange Bowl after the 1988 season, the fiesta Bowl after the 1989 season, and Macy's after the 1991 season was the product of DCM (drum corps midwest) and funded by Cook Group (ie. Star). Each year all of the DCM corps would send 10% of their membership to perform as the DCM all Stars. Each corps sent 1 member from the guard and 1 member from the drumline (corps were told which section of the line the member was to be from). Each corps also sent 1 DM. the horn positions were dictated to the corps ie how many sops, mellos, Bari, Contra they were supposed to send.

in 1988 since we (I played 1st bass in the 1988 DCM all star corps) were in Florida, the Florida Wave hosted us and also contributed 10% of their membership to the corps.

In 1989 since the corps went to the fiesta bowl they hooked up with DCW (Drum Corps West) and those corps also sent a percentage of their membership.

in 1991 for the Macy's parade the corps included DCE (Drum Corps East) members as well.

During each of these years members of the Minnesota Brass & Governairs senior corps also participated since they were members of DCM at the time. In 1991 the Royal Lancers Senior Corps was also represented.

I believe the 1994 Macy's performance was just the East coast junior and senior corps.

I do not remember where the DCM all star corps performed after the 1990 season.

In 1987 & 1988 the corps used the Star of Indiana busses, Truck, Food Truck, and Percussion instruments. Each horn player brought their own horn from their corps. I don't know if Star provided the equipment the other years but would assume they did for the DCM performances.

1994 had some west coasters as well. Couple of guys from the Blue Devils and Vanguard for sure, probably more. James Gulke was the drum major as a matter of fact.

Go to the site we can't mention and type on "All Star Drum Corps".

Hey, it looks like the "site we can't mention" can now be mentioned! :thumbup:

UPDATE

In light of the fact that DCI, DCA, and many of their member corps have embraced YouTube as a resource for making video content available to the general public - we are amending our policy regarding links to YouTube videos of drum corps. Effective immediately, links to YouTube.com will be permitted for drum corps content.

DrumCorpsPlanet.com will continue to prohibit links to all other sites in-accordance with our long-standing policy on links to copyrighted materials.

DCI, DCA, and their member corps are solely responsible for ensuring that the content on YouTube is compliant with U.S. Copyright Law and for pursuing the removal of offending content from that site. DrumCorpsPlanet.com will not host un-authorized content on our servers and with this change, only provides a link to content that is otherwise available to the public on the YouTube site.

=====================================

John M Donovan

Publisher

DCP Partners, LLC

Hey, it looks like the "site we can't mention" can now be mentioned! :thumbup:

UPDATE

In light of the fact that DCI, DCA, and many of their member corps have embraced YouTube as a resource for making video content available to the general public - we are amending our policy regarding links to YouTube videos of drum corps. Effective immediately, links to YouTube.com will be permitted for drum corps content.

DrumCorpsPlanet.com will continue to prohibit links to all other sites in-accordance with our long-standing policy on links to copyrighted materials.

DCI, DCA, and their member corps are solely responsible for ensuring that the content on YouTube is compliant with U.S. Copyright Law and for pursuing the removal of offending content from that site. DrumCorpsPlanet.com will not host un-authorized content on our servers and with this change, only provides a link to content that is otherwise available to the public on the YouTube site.

=====================================

John M Donovan

Publisher

DCP Partners, LLC

SWEEEET!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Then here is a clip of the West Coast All Star Corps in the Fiesta Bowl Parade...

I'm really glad they changed the policy. It makes sense. Youtube has a very strict terms of service. If it's not legal, sooner or later, youtube takes it down. Besides, youtube is the "national TV"....or rather..."INTERnational TV" of the 21st century. Advertisers even offer residuals t6o videos that get enough views and viral activity. GOOD CHANGE DCP! :thumbup:

Edited by bmjfelts1988

judging from the video, apparently there was a UMass drum and bugle corps in the early 90s...

this would work for a parade, but I don't think it could work for anything else. Can't learn a second show over the summer in addition.

I saw the UMass person ('94). But maybe he could not get his "Drum Corps" uniform in time for the parade. That/those Macy's parade's Corps were More than just DCI.

ALSO take note of The "New York City Skyliners" (DCA) "Honor Guard". As well as Playing DCA members in, Both Horn Line and Drum Line. (and lets not forget some members of the other's of Both, "Alumni type Corps" and "Parade Corps (Exhibition Corps)"

DCA

NYC Skyliners

Hawthorne Caballeros

Reading Bucaneers

Empire Statesmen

Syracuse Brigadiers

Westshoremen

Capitol Barss Ensemble

and more.

Alumni - Parade

St. Joe's Batavia

21st Century Limited

27th Lancers/Light Brigade

and more.

Edited by 2B or not 2B

I've got an idea, although this could never happen in reality..... Instead of all these crazy elaborate halftime shows at the super bowl, just make that 'all-star' drum corps and have them perform a halftime show at the Super Bowl every year. That would be amazing. And yes, I know this could never, ever happen. Just a fantasy

I've got an idea, although this could never happen in reality..... Instead of all these crazy elaborate halftime shows at the super bowl, just make that 'all-star' drum corps and have them perform a halftime show at the Super Bowl every year. That would be amazing. And yes, I know this could never, ever happen. Just a fantasy

I think some of those "Reunion" type Corps like: 27th Lancers, A. Kingsmen, Madison Scouts, just might get the Fans and TV people too their feet also.

Here's the broadcast video of the '88 Cotton Bowl Parade with the DCM All-Stars: