1998 Madison Scouts is DCI.org Download of the Week

I'm working on an initiative to get people to stop using that phrase and replace it with, "figuratively throwing something that isn't babies, even metaphorically" but I've still got some work to do on tightening it up.

Too esoteric. How about something simple like "throwing Twinkies"?

Too esoteric. How about something simple like "throwing Twinkies"?

Let's give that a try.

"At the end of 'Empire State of Mind,' the audience was throwing Twinkies."

What do you think? Might Hostess Cakes have an issue with that? Would we have to include a ® whenever we mention that? Might we be ordered to instead say, "...the audience was throwing "Golden sponge cake with creamy filling"?

I don't know if I can deal with the uncertainties.

Let's give that a try.

"At the end of 'Empire State of Mind,' the audience was throwing Twinkies."

What do you think? Might Hostess Cakes have an issue with that? Would we have to include a ® whenever we mention that? Might we be ordered to instead say, "...the audience was throwing "Golden sponge cake with creamy filling"?

I don't know if I can deal with the uncertainties.

Maybe the audience could actually be throwing Twinkies but in the video the twinkies are removed so all you see is people's arms thrusting outward.

Maybe the audience could actually be throwing Twinkies but in the video the twinkies are removed so all you see is people's arms thrusting outward.

And then it might look like the fans were giving some sort of fascist salute. I'd rather risk the wrath of Hostess Cakes.