Blast 2 Shockwave

As I'm eagerly waiting to go see Blast for my first time here in Cali this month and I started looking for any videos or music ( that I can Buy or See on the web ) of the Blast 2 show they had. Anyone know of any where the music or video is available?

This is the Facebook group for members of the production.

I've looked everywhere I could think...official Mason Entertainment site, Amazon.com and other sites and I can't find a thing for the CD of Blast II/Shockwave/Cyberjam/M.I.X. I have the CD. There never was a DVD produced.

It looks like the CD is out of stock everywhere.

They should come to Scotland/UK.... perhaps along with one or more of PR, BD, TC, TC, CC, SCV, BC,BS, BK, MS, BS, SOA......!

I hope you're aware that this current production is quite a bit smaller than the original. Smaller cast on smaller stages. Percussion is amazing, guard is impeccable. Brass? kind of disappointed that they are ( ahem) "helped" quite a bit during the performance.

I hope you're aware that this current production is quite a bit smaller than the original. Smaller cast on smaller stages. Percussion is amazing, guard is impeccable. Brass? kind of disappointed that they are ( ahem) "helped" quite a bit during the performance.

That is a shame to hear. I was lucky enough to see the original on it's first American tour. It was quite a spectacle, especially for a high school freshman that was new to the marching arts like me!

• Like 2

I saw Blast! in January at the Cobb Galleria (metro Atlanta).

It struck me as their attempt to squeeze the last possible bit of revenue from the show.

- They've downsized the show so that (I believe) they need only one tour bus.

- Therefore, the brass is all mic'd

- Therefore the overall brass ensemble is thinner than it used to be

- There are obvious sections of the show where they have re-written the commonly-recognized themes. I assume this is due to rights issues or avoiding the cost of those rights. Off the top of my head Bolero and Officer Krupke are now just "suggestions" of their former selves. I think the visual didn't change at all, they just wrote similar music that fit the same. These two sections have nowhere near the same effect as before.

Now, the net effect was still really good and we enjoyed the show a lot. The Medea and Simple Gifts sections are still great, and the percussion duels and features bring the house down.

Now, the net effect was still really good and we enjoyed the show a lot. The Medea and Simple Gifts sections are still great, and the percussion duels and features bring the house down.

They did the simple gifts singing part, but the brass section after was changed to (forgive me that I don't know the song's name) the "Murphy's Oil" theme song.. Similar enough to keep the same staging it seemed. I've seen it about 6 times in total, mostly back on Broadway (and Kennedy Center), but just recently in Morristown NJ. It was still good, and the people I brought thoroughly enjoyed it.

I saw Shockwave when it came out and was quite disappointed, not for lack of talent/energy/etc, just not what I was expecting.. much more percussive and sax, and I was expecting just "Blast 2"..

They did the simple gifts singing part, but the brass section after was changed to (forgive me that I don't know the song's name) the "Murphy's Oil" theme song.. Similar enough to keep the same staging it seemed...

If you enter "Murphy's Oil Soap" in YouTube, you will find they changed songs at least once a year. If you can find the one to which you're referring, someone here will know what it is. I'm intrigued, but I don't know which tune you're talking about.

If you enter "Murphy's Oil Soap" in YouTube, you will find they changed songs at least once a year. If you can find the one to which you're referring, someone here will know what it is. I'm intrigued, but I don't know which tune you're talking about.

Turkey in the Straw, according to the program I got in Easton... but it's a major bummer they couldn't keep any of those three in the program.

They did the simple gifts singing part, but the brass section after was changed to (forgive me that I don't know the song's name) the "Murphy's Oil" theme song.. Similar enough to keep the same staging it seemed. I've seen it about 6 times in total, mostly back on Broadway (and Kennedy Center), but just recently in Morristown NJ. It was still good, and the people I brought thoroughly enjoyed it.

I saw Shockwave when it came out and was quite disappointed, not for lack of talent/energy/etc, just not what I was expecting.. much more percussive and sax, and I was expecting just "Blast 2"..

Yeah, the "turkey In the Straw" weirded me out, too. Take all of Copeland's compositional techniques from Appalachin Spring, now substitute "Turkey" for "Simple Gifts". I didn't know whether to laugh or just sit there with my jaw dropped.