BD & SCV

So, this thought has been going around in my head for awhile. Maybe someone with either corps, or this has happened to can shed some light on this for me.

Lets say someone tries out for either BD or SCV, but the staff doing the auditions doesn't quite like the auditionee for the A corps, but thinks the auditionee would be 'perfect' for the B/Cadet corps. I'm sure it has happened before, but does anyone know how often someone is 'cut' from BD and/or SCV, but given a spot in the B/Cadet corps? :blink:

They usually recommend it. It trains them in the same technique, and gets them to know the staff a little bit. I don't think they give special consideration for those in the B/Cadets corps though.

Not sure how often, but I think fairly often. I'd imagine most of those in the B/Cadets corps aspire for the world class corps.

Edited by Noname

So, this thought has been going around in my head for awhile. Maybe someone with either corps, or this has happened to can shed some light on this for me.

Lets say someone tries out for either BD or SCV, but the staff doing the auditions doesn't quite like the auditionee for the A corps, but thinks the auditionee would be 'perfect' for the B/Cadet corps. I'm sure it has happened before, but does anyone know how often someone is 'cut' from BD and/or SCV, but given a spot in the B/Cadet corps? :blink:

A couple of people a year, for sure, at least on the hornline side of things.

When someone is cut from the "A" corps, they are told they are more than welcome in the lower corps, and are usually offered a spot straight away. It's pretty common. I'm not sure how many people take the opportunity, but it's offered to everyone every year after they are cut