1994 Crossmen is DVD Spotlight of the Week

1994 Crossmen is DVD Spotlight of the Week

There is a new twist to the weekly feature I've enjoyed doing for the past 15 months. It is now called "DVD Spotlight of the Week" and for each week only, the DCI Legacy Collection DVD for the year featured will be available at a 20% discount. That means you can buy the entire DVD of all twelve Finalists for that year for just $28. This is a great way of building up your DVD collection at a substantially reduced price.

I really, really enjoyed this show. So, thank you for spotlighting it, Mr. Boo. I was wondering if you knew any of the history of the Crossmen this year. I have no direct stories, but I understand they had a difficult year in 1994. I, of course, have no details. Do you, Mr. Boo?

I really, really enjoyed this show. So, thank you for spotlighting it, Mr. Boo. I was wondering if you knew any of the history of the Crossmen this year. I have no direct stories, but I understand they had a difficult year in 1994. I, of course, have no details. Do you, Mr. Boo?

If I knew anything back then, I don't remember it now. But maybe someone seeing this was with the corps then.

This is, by far, my FAVORITE Crossmen uniform.

• Like 2

this is an example of a corps that really built up momentum over the season.

No responses to my initial response about this yet. Can anyone enlighten us?

- 94 Crossmen almost did not come out.

- Their first show was July 1st in Allentown. Was supposed to perform early in Pittsburgh show but was replaced by the new "Star".

- Michael Klesch came in and re-wrote the entire brass book (minus "pop goes the weasel")

- When they did their Minnesota swing a re-write for the ballad happened over night and they learned it and performed it the very next day.

- Mark Thurston was still kicking ### as their drumline arranger and instructor with Bob Bollman writing the pit book.

- Won DCI South at Vanderbilt Stadium.

- The pit was featured as a vignette on the DVD