Possible scoring change proposal

Debbie "The Torcher" Torchia. Can ruin entire seasons with one swipe of her poorly trained pen.

(Yeah, I don't hold her in high regard as an adjudicator either.)

One down, one to go. :smile:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes a judge comes along who just "can't stand" a corps on a given night

<$2 to anybody who gets the inside joke>

Is this a wheelchair joke? I'm not familiar with any handicapped DCI judges. And the only other judge I would suggest appears to be heavily medicated (based on scores) is Marie Czapinski. Is she in a wheelchair?

Two issues I see with this. One, as TJ pointed out, not everybody participates to the same extent as far as designing uniforms, show posters, etc, and making it part of the scoring system to do so unfairly penalizes people who don't have as much time and/or design talent to commit to a season.

The second issue would be judges who are qualified to evaluate things like what you're suggesting on a regular basis.

That is why i proposed a new class, and if you are in the all-in class and you dont have time to participate to the extent that others are, well then i guess that is your own fault. Im saying, keep everything the way it is now, but add that one class, so people who have time can participate in it.

On the second issue, thats probably really just a matter of those in-charge just figuring it out, I will even volunteer myself for the operation.

Granted, the same thing happens in real life quite often. Sometimes a judge comes along who just "can't stand" a corps on a given night, while another judge may be out to "torch" a corps in a particular caption.

exactly

So,in a measure to appease both sides, what if we did something that I'm pretty sure we used to do and that DCI sorta does and present "awards" for things like "Best Show Concept", "Best Show Poster", and "Best Uniforms"? We could open the voting up to all directors, and toward Finals Week either Matt or someone else could start a topic where the award categories are listed and then people submit their votes to that person and then that person tallies the votes and announces the awards before or after the announcement of scores for Finals.

i could even go for this

Sounds like something to bring up at the next DCPI Rules Congress after Season 18.

Is this a wheelchair joke?

Nope- think phonetically.

Sounds like something to bring up at the next DCPI Rules Congress after Season 18.

Ill be there!:thumbup:

Nope- think phonetically.

Oohhh. Curtis Costanza. LOL.

Granted, the same thing happens in real life quite often. Sometimes a judge comes along who just "can't stand" a corps on a given night, while another judge may be out to "torch" a corps in a particular caption.

<$2 to anybody who gets the inside joke>

Looks like a Rhythm X reference to me. Could be wrong, but the "quoted" material was from two shoes they've done in the past few years. Sorry i'm in WGI mode. Getting my drumline ready for Dayton.