WGI Proposals

Word on the street is that open class age limit was raised to 23. Haven't heard anything about any other proposals. Does anyone have any information about any of them?

EDIT: WGI Released the results:

http://www.wgi.org/2012/2k12_CAB_Proposal_Results.pdf

Edited by quegrawks

• 2 weeks later...

I think that too often we judge the success of a end of season promotion by the group immediately making finals in the higher class the following year. In Scholastic Open class in a typical year over 30 groups do not make finals. Should they all drop back to Scholastic A because of a non finalist season? In many cases it takes a few seasons to develop and grow in the higher class.

I think that too often we judge the success of a end of season promotion by the group immediately making finals in the higher class the following year. In Scholastic Open class in a typical year over 30 groups do not make finals. Should they all drop back to Scholastic A because of a non finalist season? In many cases it takes a few seasons to develop and grow in the higher class.

Youre right BUT It has also in many cases destroyed a program, epecially going from open to World in both Scholastic as well as Independent.

Considering that 9 of the 15 Independent World finalists and 12 of the 15 Scholastic World Finalists in 2012 were units that were promoted from Open to World in the past it seems that just as many promoted units do find success as those who do not.

Considering that 9 of the 15 Independent World finalists and 12 of the 15 Scholastic World Finalists in 2012 were units that were promoted from Open to World in the past it seems that just as many promoted units do find success as those who do not.

again right BUT also remember promotions sometimes has nothing to do with a unit being better BUT that WGI needs to fill the higher class..I understand what you are saying but also have seen what I am saying over and over. WGI has changed promotion rules many many times over the years then justifies why only to chage again opr back a few years later. Look at WC last year, not an impressive class other than the top. JMO

AS you also said promotion really doesnt mean finalists BUT in many cases doesnt mean they are WC either.

Independent WC sure how long do you want to go back some succeed many dont or its short lived..Look at the drop in units period. That tells a bigger story and again Ive judged all those classes and many of the bottom guards other years wouldnt have made it in WC..so I guess its all relative.

I will add in defence and enlightenment I DONT think its a grand comspirency and The flip side is over the years many guards have taken advantage and wouldnt move upward unless there was and advisory board looking at this rule.

Edited by GUARDLING

Really???

Just because a group has members that are over 22 - doesn't automatically mean that the program (or members) are world class quality. And it's not just a matter of "choosing" to accept older members - sometimes these members can make the difference between having the guard come out or fold. Not every group has the luxury of having tons of members to choose from. And as for competing in World and accepting the score - being constantly at the bottom of the heap is the best way to ensure a crappy season for all and lower chances of coming out the next season,

WGI already has this policy in place for International Guards in Open class at WGI - it would just be a question of extending that policy.

Later,

Mike

i never said that the program or the members would be world class. If your arguement for them not being in world class is because of a low score, why bother to have any age limits on any of the classes? All the arguements you are making also go for A class groups also. Let's just get rid of all the rules...