Troopers 2011

Today I was on the fan network and checking out the WC Corps samples. When I watched the Troopers 2011 sample I was impressed with their performance. It has to be the loudest and longest chord I have ever heard. Anyone have any comments or additions?

http://dci.thefannetwork.org/?vod_id=004e9d52-f0dd-47cc-be26-10105a7877d3&mode=viral

Joe

Edited by pfco
  • Like 5

It was cool. It was long... I like the Troopers but in the loud category it didn't even come close to being the loudest from 2011 - let alone the years when corps were really loud and glorious.

• Like 5

You haven't been into drum corps very long have you?

Only a little over 50 years.

• Like 1

You haven't been into drum corps very long have you?

Only a bit over 50 years.... I was comparing that chord to others I have heard in 2011 in particular. I am aware that many Corps seem louder and longer to many but this was just my opinion.

• Like 1

Hmmm.

"rookie error" in the thread title..

However the chord was fun, and I really liked Troopers 2011.

• Like 3

I enjoyed the hell out of that chord, got to hear it live at Allentown (on Friday night we got to go see the show).

But I feel like, in editing, DCI makes all corps balanced out for the DVD and stuff.

I don't know if this is true or not though.

I enjoyed the hell out of that chord, got to hear it live at Allentown (on Friday night we got to go see the show).

But I feel like, in editing, DCI makes all corps balanced out for the DVD and stuff.

I don't know if this is true or not though.

Based off my opinion, some parts dont seem to be as loud on the DVD as they were live at finals.

Thanks, pfco!

I'm not sure about loudest- the chord was voiced in a way that it was difficult for most parts to play at full volume. It was even worse in the first draft, with many parts playing much lower than usual.

The one thing that was interesting with Troop is that they had no percussion during that final chord! Imagine the volume level they could have put out with the synth cranked up with the rest of the drumline playing loudly. :tongue::thumbup: