Dear DCI Percussion Caption Head

Yeah, the guy's a hack...only judged many big shows for DCI and is the DCA percussion caption head :rolleyes:

He has been a great judge for a looong time, and is also a fine band director here in NJ. I've judged his HS lines since he was in college and was a percussion instructor at Morris Hills HS in NJ.

now...if you judge at field level, you'll understand that is NOT the place to be talking about ensemble tears. if you're right in front of a plugged in pit, it can and will affect what you hear behind them in many cases. that tear was best addressed by the music ensemble judge

A judge at field level is also judging only the portion of the show he/she is located at geographically. If the person is sampling the pit while the battery is messing up a spot and is 30 yards away the judge will never know it.

People in the stands may pick up more of the more obvious errors than the guy running around the field.

Cavaliers are getting early season credit. Give it a week and you will see some separation. The Cavaliers' brass score in Louisville was questionable at best. I would have put Blue Stars ahead of Cavaliers in brass...and visual performance.

I am going to take the exact opposite opinion. In a couple of weeks you are going to see cavaliers get closer and closer.

See you then.

The scary thing is, that's not even thinking about your caption. Its thinking about half of your caption, much less thinking outside your caption and considering the big picture. Its ok. Guys who think outside their caption get the good teaching gigs :-).

yep. had one for many years