DCI Fan Network Issues

Is anyone else having issues with VOD playback on FanNetwork? I have jerky video but audio is fine. Looks like Flash Player is shooting my CPU to 100% on the site. I do not have this issue with Flash on YouTube or Vevo. Any suggestions as to what my problem may be?

I have the same problem, whether using Chrome or IE8 (on Vista). 100% CPU utilization and 150+MB of memory usage. And right now, I can't seem to play any video (error message). Audio streaming is fine.

Is anyone else having issues with VOD playback on FanNetwork? I have jerky video but audio is fine. Looks like Flash Player is shooting my CPU to 100% on the site. I do not have this issue with Flash on YouTube or Vevo. Any suggestions as to what my problem may be?

Safe to say that I should not spend $65 on it?

Never had any big problem with Fan Network that wasn't ISP related...

No, I am not saying that. I think that they may be having load issues. I had similar problems when the service went live last month. They worked themselves out pretty quickly. And now I have streaming back (it's a bit hiccuppy, but working).

Honestly, for $65 it's really worth it. Not only could you be watching Louisville RIGHT NOW, but you could also take in the "back catalog". You could even compare first shows from Sunday and last year (which I think I just might do right now...)

• Like 1

I watched all Louisville Shows last night on my laptop and it was fine. I did however around 2am this morning tried on my tablet and I was getting great audio, but jerky video. I was just thinking it was that way because it's the tablet with the whole flash issue. But, maybe it was because of the issues everyone is having. I am on the laptop right now, however at work with a horrible internet connection. So, I can't look at it right at the moment.:shutup:

I was able to watch all the VOD's last night, +/- 10 pm and had no issues whatsoever-everything worked fine.

Sounds to me like a case of too much junk files on your computer and/ or possibly not enough RAM. There is a great free program out there to fix this problem. Google ccleaner and download it from piriform.com. Run it and it will thoroughly clean your computer. I cleaned off over 1.5 gig of junk off my aunts computer and afterward noticed a big jump in running programs. Also, I would go to run and type msconfig, ok. Use this configuration tool to turn off unnecessary programs that might running in the background of your computer. Make sure to restart the computer afterward. This has always sped up the performance of my computer and especially video streaming. Hope this helps and let me know.

• Like 1

Once again it's working perfectly for me. Uverse here and very happy with the results.

• Like 1

Sounds to me like a case of too much junk files on your computer and/ or possibly not enough RAM. There is a great free program out there to fix this problem. Google ccleaner and download it from piriform.com. Run it and it will thoroughly clean your computer. I cleaned off over 1.5 gig of junk off my aunts computer and afterward noticed a big jump in running programs. Also, I would go to run and type msconfig, ok. Use this configuration tool to turn off unnecessary programs that might running in the background of your computer. Make sure to restart the computer afterward. This has always sped up the performance of my computer and especially video streaming. Hope this helps and let me know.

Thanks for the advice but I had actually done all of those exact steps you speak of before I decided to ask. Like you, I thought for sure that would take care of the problem but did nothing to help. I also opened up the tower and made sure the CPU fan was clean and not running hot. I just don't understand how Flash Player works fine on YouTube and other video sites and pages with embedded video but totally maxes the CPU on Fan Network...This is driving me crazy!