After week 1 of an 8 week season...

Not saying people should go goo goo over synths and electronics- I didn't with Cadets 2006. But I feel like BD and BK are simply using tools available. Like it or not, judges are not likely to beat a corps up for using equipment that is legal for drum corps use! I honestly would rather see drum corps without narration and synth but it's the activity we have now!

If anything it's more of a challenge dealing with electronics in drum corps then it is without it. If Cavaliers 2006 "Machine" was a 2012 show then they'd most likely use tons of electronics to depict robotic noises.

Woodwinds are NOT aloud though. Just sayin'... :ph34r:

If anything it's more of a challenge dealing with electronics in drum corps then it is without it. If Cavaliers 2006 "Machine" was a 2012 show then they'd most likely use tons of electronics to depict robotic noises.

Woodwinds are NOT aloud though. Just sayin'... :ph34r:

Indeed, unless they play a brass instrument:)

I'm a purist, loved playing on the G bugles, didn't want the corps to move to Bbs, electronics, pre show etc... Because it's bandoish. That said, for various reasons all of those things are now standard in drum corps... Never thought id like the Bb movement but now I really do... Just saying that over time people tend to not knee jerk to something that was a hostile topic at the time. In 20 years what we are barking about now may be standard practice and then some. Hopefully not the extent of flutes on the drum corps field but I digress...

Wes P