Hawthorne Caballeros 48th Annual Drum Corps Grand Prix

I can't ever recall eight DCA corps at the Grand Prix, but then, I haven't been to every one. I do remember eight to ten corps in the early years when it was a combined junior and senior show. I attended the first as a spectator, and marched in seven of the next eight as a member of the corps, but in those days we did exhibitions as DCA hosts did not compete.

Also, how many folks recall that the 1969 show was juniors only when it moved to Clifton from Hinchliffe Stadium in Paterson?

There you have it folks....The Authority can not remember a DCA show this big at the Grand Prix...Come check it out Plenty of seats still available...Remember a full stadium is a happy Stadium...

• Like 1

There you have it folks....The Authority can not remember a DCA show this big at the Grand Prix...Come check it out Plenty of seats still available...Remember a full stadium is a happy Stadium...

Mike, I think you have come up with the mantra for the day. "A full stadium is a happy stadium". Now everyone ----- a full stadium is a happy stadium. LOUDER!!!!!

• Like 2

If 12 Drum Corps is not enough starting at 5:00PM we will be treated to a very special performance by the World Famous GasHouse Gang, Playing performance-oriented classic hits from the past 5 decades, Classic Rock, Funk, R&B, Soul, Motown, Blues, Oldies & Doo-Wop.

Nice add!!!! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Mike, I think you have come up with the mantra for the day. "A full stadium is a happy stadium". Now everyone ----- a full stadium is a happy stadium. LOUDER!!!!!

Absolutely.... A full Stadium is a Happy Stadium....

Folks you can't miss one of DCA's longest running shows. The weather forcast is for a perfect drum corps day. Get your tickets NOW

• Like 1

Rump!!!!

Absolutely.... A full Stadium is a Happy Stadium....

And a full stadium makes for happier corps who seem to give a little more effort when the crowd is bigger. (Also makes for a happier host/sponsor!)

Just my opinion! :tongue:

• Like 1

Show has everything for everybody,Alumni corps, Junior corps, all age corps and mini corps..

Reserved seats for 23.00 general admission for 20 dollars

In competition:

Cadets 2 from Allentown PA

Sunrisers from Long Island NY

Windsor Regiment from West Windsor NJ

Fusion Core from Dover NJ

Bushwackers from Princeton, NJ

Hurricanes from Shelton, CT

Buccaneers from Reading PA

and the

Caballeros from Hawthorne NJ

In exhibition

New York Skyliners Alumni Corps

Raiders Junior Drum and Bugle corps'

Latin Express Mini Corps

and The

Caballeros Alumni Corps

Lots to offer great venue Clifton Public School Field is the Venue for this years Grand Prix. A return to Clifton was prompted by the capacity crowd at last years Grand Prix..and by our fans requesting a return to this historic Venue...Get your tickets soon.. www.crowntickets.com A full stadium is a happy Stadium...

My apologies if it's been posted elsewhere, but has the official lineup (appearance order) for the show been announced? Just trying to get my timings right ... would appreciate it if someone in the know could post (or point me to) the times and lineup (including the exhibitions) ...

Thanks in advance ...

Andy "not the Roo" Lisko

Gas House Gang

Sky Alumni Chorus 6:25

Latin Express 6:30

Skyliners Alumni Corps 6:47

First DCA Corps

Cadets 2 7:04

Sunrisers 7:21

Windsor Regiment 7:38

Bushwhackers 8:05

Fusion Core 8:22