Semper Fi - Oceanside, CA 6/29

I liked the fact that VK trooped the stands upon exit!

Impulse. Like many Open class corps they have a ways to go, but I'm impressed with their ambition. Both musically and M&M. Good corps.

Impulse-biggest group of the night. Biggest sound of the night so far. A good refined sound but dirty drill. Show was called overture and featured American overture, gershiwins Cuban overture and pdq bachs 1712 overture. Got a small standing O.

Here at the show catching up with old pc buds and watching the horn line warm up! Yay drum corps

Gold, founded in 2005. Developing nicely. Best brass so far tonight.

Init now on the field.

Edited by Photographer Jim

Gold-show is called "different." 38 person horn line but they have 12 contras! Loud horn line and strong percussion section. They have one guard member on a different flag from the rest of the guard. Then the horns ad battery rip off their jackets to signify being different from other corps. Strong showing. Going to be tight between them an impulse

Mandarins. I've seen this show a few times now and it still confuses me. The show is much improved now that the ending is on the field, but I'm still lost as to the main character's role and the story line.

Mandarins-"prophecy" was their theme. Mayan based and some cool original music. Cool battery break. Strong drumline! Horns need to catch up