VOD's for Minnesota

VOD's are up for Minnesota:

Sound volume is down a bit but the quality is extremely good. Video almost looks like a higher angle. Nice job Fan Network! :thumbup:

VOD's are up for Minnesota:

Sound volume is down a bit but the quality is extremely good. Video almost looks like a higher angle. Nice job Fan Network! :thumbup:

No reaction from anyone? Cmon peeps. What do you think of the shows ... point out some favorite spots and timestamps ... let's dig in!

Definitely much better quality. Thank you fan network!

No reaction from anyone? C'mon, peeps. What do you think of the shows? ... point out some favorite spots and timestamps ... let's dig in!

Well, yesterday I used the Minneapolis VOD to note exactly where Blue Devils use voice samples.

And after comparing the Blue Stars performance on the MN VOD to the Muncie VOD, I decided that no, their drill hadn't been simplified (though it is notably changed in the latter half) -- it was the higher camera angle that was making it seem less insane.

For all my hopes that Crossmen could move up .. it became more and more clear to me that even though the scores aren't that far behind .. the top 12 have it locked. Academy has a shot if they clean up. Crossmen are pretty clean at this point, but brass (can't believe I'm saying this) isn't on the same playing field as Blue Stars and BK. They need to add some power to that line. They also have a somewhat immature sound at lower volume levels that is really hurting them in both brass and GE music.

Phantom still has a bunch of room to grow in Brass. They IMPACT the snot out of their hits .. but not more than once did I feel a complete build without fading before the impact. It's just kinda getting there .. kinda getting there ..... ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh WHAM!!!!! If they fix this .. look out Cadets.

Scouts seem to have hit a hurdle they can't get over. 2nds and 3rds in most sections aren't pulling their weight (laying out alot) and those sections are where I can hear the most feet thru the bells. Stamina issue maybe .. but that can be fixed. I know DVD isn't going to let that last for very long and they will once again jump up and have a shot at 7th. I just wish the corps uniform had a bit more color. Red Sash? Plz? pretty pretty plz? It would make such a big difference. For all the ppl squacking about the the mashup ... I still think it's brilliant and very well executed by the boys. After the gate, I hope they refrain from bringing down the dynamics and let the horns coming down from the box achieve that effect .... it will keep the crowd on their feet. Also need to change the vertical movement at the end and give it some lateral counter movement .... it will keep things much more exciting.

BK's show continues to impress me. Hate electronics or not .. this is soooo creative in their show. Their interpretation of Bocooks brass book is really impressing me. I like their approach to note length and depth of sound, tone quality much more than Cadets. Sully's drill will get cleaner and those crazy drill sets that ppl think are blobs are going to make much more sense. Dig deep BK ... you can move up over Blue Stars. Those two corps are SO aggressive. I love it. They're throwing their heart down on the field ... just giving it everything they have and not holding back with their emotions. Very exciting to watch.

I'll leave it at there for now.

For all my hopes that Crossmen could move up .. it became more and more clear to me that even though the scores aren't that far behind .. the top 12 have it locked. Academy has a shot if they clean up. Crossmen are pretty clean at this point, but brass (can't believe I'm saying this) isn't on the same playing field as Blue Stars and BK. They need to add some power to that line.

Completely agree. I'd go as far to say it may almost be locked up 10-16. But I digress. Academy does have a great shot, just clean, clean, clean.

MP3 Audio IS available, from DATR, Lynn, Mass, and DCI Stanford. Not the most recent, but there are some available.