Hypothetically and completely tongue in cheek

Given current judging, if a corps came out and did 4:33 by John Cage, did not move, did not play a single note, then left the field, could they get a 100? Bear in mind that this is a total joke coming from me, but in theory, how could a judge deduct points if such a flawless and effective performance was put out there?

If this happened, given the intent of the show (silence, forcing the audience member to listen to the sounds of their current environment)

visual adaptation of the piece (no movement to force the audience to observe their current environment)

our new thing of "engaging" the audience could not be denied because they would be completely immersed in the show.

Thoughts??

This is so.......well..da da! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

A drum corps that does nothing on purpose is a very interesting concept. This could be achieved by a one member corps and very limited staff. I think they should still have a few semis and a food truck though. :tongue:

• Like 1

A drum corps that does nothing on purpose is a very interesting concept. This could be achieved by a one member corps and very limited staff. I think they should still have a few semis and a food truck though. :tongue:

Well, there's always INT.

good point plan...

I mean, if BD can program a show where dropping guard tosses should get you more points, then surely the idea in the OP is not really as outside the box as it might appear.

That is "synchronized dropping"!

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 1

Everyone would think it was awesome.

Unless Blue Devils did it...

Edited by contrajedi8
  • Like 3

while this thread is completely hilarious...does it not bring up some interesting flaws in a scoring sheet? not that one would ever be perfect in anyone's eyes...