Etiquette

This is not limited to corps members, parents and band folks. I have witnessed where the fault could be pointed at a number of different groups of attendees. I usually have a seat right on the 50 every year for DATR. The problem there has been the staff members running up and standing on the walking aisle that divides the lower and upper sections of the first level and talking and of course cheering their corps every impact or move. It is probably not cost effective, but should DCI designate a "staff members area only" and make sure that is where they watch their corps performance? I have seen where staff members will ask if a couple of seats are taken, sit in them and sure enough the ticket holder will show up just before the show and now you have groups of people getting in and out of the same seats.

Another time, a DCI Hall of Famer who shall remain nameless, was blocking the view of a couple of folks and the usher asked him to move. He flashes his DCI staff credential like it means he's better than everybody else. The usher did not allow him to stay there and he looked quite upset he had to move on.

At another show out of state, the same HOF'er sits next to me and I let him know the person sitting there will be back any moment. He went ahead to move but not until I heard from his wife a few rows back who yelled at me that he could sit where ever he pleases. I asked her why and she replied, "Because we are in the Hall of Fame". I answered back, "You two should be proud to represent yourselves that way". And then a gal behind me yelled at the HOF's spouse and remarked, "Yeah lady your s&%t stinks like everybody else's so shut the hell up". A big group laughed and she didn't say a word the rest of the night.

The worst I came across was in Dallas in 07. A girlfriend of mine flew in from Hawaii and we attended the Dallas and SA shows. We had great seats we thought at the Dallas show until more people arrived and we all noticed four people had seats 8 and 9 on their stubs in our row. The stadium staff was no help at all, the organizers were nowhere to be found. With the help of the folks behind us, we crammed 3 people into 2 bleacher seats.

These kind of instances will never change I'm sorry to say

• Like 2

In 2009 my dad actually bought 3 extra tickets in the "good seats" in the Alamodome for a couple of friends and I to sit in when we were released to watch the show. It was so nice not to have to move around 8 times to watch the other corps.

Edited by CQuinn

I've generally found, that the more I fork out for tickets, the better experience I get. The REAL fans pony up for good seats and are generally quiet for the most part. When I sit in the nether regions of the bleachers, I get surrounded by Dbags of all sorts.

In regards to band students. I threaten my kids with their lives if they cut up on the bleachers and I won't hesitate to jerk a kid up by his neck in front of people and embarrass them. THAT SAID....I won't ever take them to a DCI show because I am far too interested in watching the shows rather than babysitting because I will NOT tolerate any crap in the stands. At marching band shows, it's different.

• Like 2