Cadets 2 penalties

My point being is how many times have the cadets come out at the first show or through the middle of the season with penalties.Also ,Hammond recently with the Bucs came out how many times in the last 6 years with penalties? Someone is dropping the ball or a certain someone is to busy trying to make the top 3 in DCI to put his foot down .Here is an idea "30 second pit interlude"other corps are doing it. :thumbup:

Why does it matter? You're drawing in unfair comparison to C1, who does almost a month of full-time preseason training before tour, and to the Buccaneers, a long-established perennial DCA Champion. Besides, as Jeff stated, C1 never has the "real" ending on until August. They have time that C2 doesn't to put a reasonably temporary one on. And for the record, the Blue Devils haven't put their endings on (real or otherwise) out of the gate in any of the last five years.

I think C2 is doing things very smartly. If that means not performing part of the show until it's ready, that's fine with me. They don't seem to have an issue eating a penalty, so why should you (or me)?

Now, if they are under time in Annapolis, that's a different story. But somehow I seriously doubt that's in the plan.

• Like 2

They can't be under by all that much. I'd certainly believe they'll be well prepared when it is time to be well prepared.

Talked about on other threads. There are no real "prestige shows" in DCA before Championships to win or to try and shoot for now. No need to be truly ready and have the sword honed until then.

Why does it matter? You're drawing in unfair comparison to C1, who does almost a month of full-time preseason training before tour, and to the Buccaneers, a long-established perennial DCA Champion. Besides, as Jeff stated, C1 never has the "real" ending on until August. They have time that C2 doesn't to put a reasonably temporary one on. And for the record, the Blue Devils haven't put their endings on (real or otherwise) out of the gate in any of the last five years.

I think C2 is doing things very smartly. If that means not performing part of the show until it's ready, that's fine with me. They don't seem to have an issue eating a penalty, so why should you (or me)?

Now, if they are under time in Annapolis, that's a different story. But somehow I seriously doubt that's in the plan.

Are you kidding me?Duh!!!! They have the same show designers .The designers should know fully well how long a show must be.Unlike the cadets and devils that you mention not putting out their final product till the end which really has no relevance to my point they still know what to do not to incur penalties.I personally have 8 rings and many years of experience and have always had a staff that knew how to not get penalized.For a bunch of kids forking over a ton of money to march this corps they deserve a little more than "hey great job tonight sorry you didn't come third our bad"

From experience coming 4th sucks and if it was because my staff had something to do with it I'd be livid. :thumbdown:

Are you kidding me?Duh!!!! They have the same show designers .The designers should know fully well how long a show must be.Unlike the cadets and devils that you mention not putting out their final product till the end which really has no relevance to my point they still know what to do not to incur penalties.I personally have 8 rings and many years of experience and have always had a staff that knew how to not get penalized.For a bunch of kids forking over a ton of money to march this corps they deserve a little more than "hey great job tonight sorry you didn't come third our bad"

From experience coming 4th sucks and if it was because my staff had something to do with it I'd be livid. :thumbdown:

They can't be under by all that much. I'd certainly believe they'll be well prepared when it is time to be well prepared.

Talked about on other threads. There are no real "prestige shows" in DCA before Championships to win or to try and shoot for now. No need to be truly ready and have the sword honed until then.

Other than the fact that folks pay hard earned money, that could be spent on many other things to go to a DCA show in July only to see a corps that has 2/3 of the show completed and a guard that walks around aimlessly holding their equipment. Won't be long before these folks start spending their money on those other things and watch the shows on video.

• Like 1

I think you completely fail to grasp Cadets2, and the way Cadets do things. The kids there don't care one bit about the penalty. At all.

• Like 2

I think you completely fail to grasp Cadets2, and the way Cadets do things. The kids there don't care one bit about the penalty. At all.

I think you are not seeing my point .I am not bashing the corps or the members.I for one was one of the few looking for fresh blood in this stale circuit .I was pointing out a fact that there should be no excuse for penalties with maybe a front line infraction by a guard member or soloist.I remember every year before we competed the powers that be would time the show going on and coming off the field then make adjustments..We are in august which now takes into account scores for placement at prelims which we all know" going on later is better".if you think the kids don't care you best go back to the Alumni thread where they do it for fun. :dozingoff:

I think you are not seeing my point .I am not bashing the corps or the members.I for one was one of the few looking for fresh blood in this stale circuit .I was pointing out a fact that there should be no excuse for penalties with maybe a front line infraction by a guard member or soloist.I remember every year before we competed the powers that be would time the show going on and coming off the field then make adjustments..We are in august which now takes into account scores for placement at prelims which we all know" going on later is better".if you think the kids don't care you best go back to the Alumni thread where they do it for fun. :dozingoff:

I think the kids buy into what the staff and admin are doing 100%. Thus, they do not care about the score, placement, or penalty. The are only worried about one thing...making their corps the best it can be. I suspect they have an extended ending that they probably already know, and just haven't performed as of yet.

Clearly the C2 way of doing things mystifies some of the DCA old timers. That's one of the reasons I'm not ashamed to call myself a C2 fan.

Perhaps you best get on back to the historical forums where they do it like it's 1899.

• Like 2

I think the kids buy into what the staff and admin are doing 100%. Thus, they do not care about the score, placement, or penalty. The are only worried about one thing...making their corps the best it can be. I suspect they have an extended ending that they probably already know, and just haven't performed as of yet.

Clearly the C2 way of doing things mystifies some of the DCA old timers. That's one of the reasons I'm not ashamed to call myself a C2 fan.

Perhaps you best get on back to the historical forums where they do it like it's 1899.

First things first .The alumni crack wasn' t against you but truth in the fact that they do it for fun.Seeing that you marched sun coast puts you at about 50 or older. I haven't marched in a few years but I have still been active up until 3 years ago.I also am a cadet fan as many of my friends have marched there.Do you honestly think that paying a 1000 plus which was public knowledge is something you would pay if your staff didn't

have it together.Do you honestly think that some of those kids are wondering if they made the right choice. IMO I think kids go to these corps because of the name plus the track record of the organization.Honestly, do you think after being penalized every show that there are a few members wondering as well as us what's up?If you think there is some big surprise ending that hasn'tt been taught yet or music that is not being played I think your mistaken.Two shows ago the parked and played their exit why not park and play the "secret ending" .As much as I like them they are still struggling at the end of their show which will clean by finals.Heaven forbid they ad more .Not enough time sir.I think it is up to the staff to teach the drum major to slow the pace of the show as did the corps I marched in . :smile:

Seeing that you marched sun coast puts you at about 50 or older.

Nope. Still several years away from that mark.

Do you honestly think that paying a 1000 plus which was public knowledge is something you would pay if your staff didn't have it together.

You're actually saying C2 staff doesn't have it together? Wow, that's pretty insulting (and wrong). I think the C2 staff knows exactly what they are doing, and they kids are buying in 100%.

Do you honestly think that some of those kids are wondering if they made the right choice.

While I can't speak for every kid in C2, I can tell you that my former students, of which there are several in the corps, are loving it and having the time of their lives.

IMO I think kids go to these corps because of the name plus the track record of the organization.

That's pretty short sighted. It might have gotten them in the door, but without the positive experience, they wouldn't have stayed. I know for a solid gold fact those kids are having a very positive experience, and one that is quite different than if they had gone to any other DCA corps.

Honestly, do you think after being penalized every show that there are a few members wondering as well as us what's up?

No, because if they wondered at any point, I'm sure the staff would happily have explained it to them. Again, they DO NOT CARE.

If you think there is some big surprise ending that hasn'tt been taught yet or music that is not being played I think your mistaken.

If you say so. I think you're FOS, but whatever. I suspect C2 will be well over the minimum time allowed come prelims. And that's the only show where it really matters. They'll probably have whatever changes made and in before that. That's how Cadets roll.

Two shows ago the parked and played their exit why not park and play the "secret ending" .

Maybe they didn't want to? maybe they decided it's not ready for prime time? Maybe they have other reasons. It's not for you or me to decide. Perhaps you should contact C2's staff.

As much as I like them they are still struggling at the end of their show which will clean by finals.Heaven forbid they ad more .Not enough time sir.I think it is up to the staff to teach the drum major to slow the pace of the show as did the corps I marched in . :smile:

Maybe you should apply for a position on C2's staff, since you know so much about what they are and aren't capable of. Frankly, I think they will have a show that's well within the performance rules, and kick some serious arse doing it.

Of course, it may also be true that the marching members of C2 are capable of far more than the members of the corps you (or I) marched with in DCA. Frankly, I believe they absolutely are.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 2