Muchachos disqualfication controversy

I figured that might be the case (or Don Whiteley or Don Warren).  Jeffypoo?

Paul he means me when he says Jeffypoo. Stephen doesnt like me, so his way of getting digs in is to call me jeffypoo.

either way Paul, looking forward to meeting you

Awwww Jeffypoo..... I'm hurt you would say that about me... deeply hurt.

See you in Scranton.

Okay, I understand. Now I can disregard all his babbling about the Bridgemen's plight. Thanks for clearing that up.

Can we have our Muchachos disqualification thread back?

For the record, the 1975 Muchachoes prelims score wasn't just not announced, it was never tabulated. I've always been told by those in the process that the sheets were collected and never given to the tabulator.

Mike

Love ya', Mike, but you're late. We've "been there, done that." (see above posts)

Go write a column or something . . . :blink:

Love ya', Mike, but you're late.  We've "been there, done that."  (see above posts)

Go write a column or something . . .  :blink:

Maybe Mike can write about this subject/post? You pretty much wrote it for him so it's a simple cut and paste process quoting "official sources".

Edited by dc oldtimer

BadBridgemenContra wrote;

"DCI said no problem but they could not march the night of finals because they would then be 21."

Umm.... Stephen, you could march your 21st year as long as your 22nd birthday did not fall on finals. Since my birthday is in Oct. I marched when I was 21.

DUH..... You're right.... For some reason I have the number 21 stuck in my head.

I meant to say 22. I'll correct my original post.

Thanks.

:sshh:

Edited by LancerFi

:sshh:

• 1 year later...
yea, what a shame, they fuggin cheated!.....and for your info, the justice was that the Cavaliers were booed mercifully when announced on the starting line at Finals....but by the time the opener of Russian Christmas Music was complete, the boo's turned into a standing ovation after an emotional performance of it.

Real justice and class there eh?

UGH

Wow, MAJOR flashbacks here..

Inspiring, yes. We played our butts off. In fact, the boo's inspired us in prelims too. We took 5th overall, 4th in horns. Pretty good during those "tougher" days in Cavalier history. But in finals, some judge made some questionable scores and we fell to 7th with 27th and Bridgemen beating us.

Not one of the more "prettier" times in drum corp history.

I have to tell you that in Philly at 1976 prelims we had close to or over a point in penalties. A sideline issue....That may be the reason for the rise and fall between prelims and finals, although I'm not sure if that did figure in.

I don't have the recap at arms length right now. Just an FYI and no disrespect intended of course.

yea, what a shame, they fuggin cheated!.....and for your info, the justice was that the Cavaliers were booed mercifully when announced on the starting line at Finals....but by the time the opener of Russian Christmas Music was complete, the boo's turned into a standing ovation after an emotional performance of it.

Real justice and class there eh?

UGH

Wow, MAJOR flashbacks here..

Inspiring, yes. We played our butts off. In fact, the boo's inspired us in prelims too. We took 5th overall, 4th in horns. Pretty good during those "tougher" days in Cavalier history. But in finals, some judge made some questionable scores and we fell to 7th with 27th and Bridgemen beating us.

Not one of the more "prettier" times in drum corp history.

I have to tell you that in Philly at 1976 prelims we had close to or over a point in penalties. A sideline issue....That may be the reason for the rise and fall between prelims and finals, although I'm not sure if that did figure in.

I don't have the recap at arms length right now. Just an FYI and no disrespect intended of course.

No disrespect taken. If I remember right, there was a horn judge that dropped us by a point and a half from prelims to finals. Now, we didn't have as good of a show in finals but it certainly wasn't a point and half off. Anyway, it was a tough couple of days for us for many reasons. Crap being thrown at us by the Muchachos from the stands was only one of many.