Boston Crusaders playing National Anthem at Fenway Park tonight.

BAC also played at a playoff game (Angels) and World Series game (Mets) in 86. They had nothing to do with the Bill Buckner thing.

They also played for the celtics and bruins and JFK.

Very cool! We need more of this. (I'd love to see Regiment play at Wrigley Field.)

Blasphemy. Chicago Cubs (Sox) is Cavie grounds. We indeed played at Wrigley in the 70's.

Blasphemy. Chicago Cubs (Sox) is Cavie grounds. We indeed played at Wrigley in the 70's.

Yes we did. It was opening day for the Cubs in 1970, the year after their infamous season end collapse at the hands of the Mets in 1969.

We set up against the ivy covered walls in left field for the "starting line" pre game. We marched our show up until concert and then did a standstill for the rest of the music. Early April and we had all the music learned and most of the drill. The old days . . .

It was my first performance with the corps (I was a rookie, marching tymp). Pretty nervous. As we're walking to the left field "starting line," I hear someone yell "Kilties rule! Cavies suck!" Then people starting throwing stuff trying to bounce it off our tymps. I had an Oreo cookie hit my drum.

When we got to the concert formation to finish the rest of the show, I wound up standing exactly on the pitcher's mound rubber. Hilarious.

Good memories. I've still got the newspaper photos and the letter from Don Warren, our corps director, asking our school principals to let us out of school that day. I never bothered to ask my principal or my parents. Just had my Cavalier buddy pick me up at my bus stop that day and off to Wrigley Field we went!

• Like 6

Yes we did. It was opening day for the Cubs in 1970, the year after their infamous season end collapse at the hands of the Mets in 1969.

We set up against the ivy covered walls in left field for the "starting line" pre game. We marched our show up until concert and then did a standstill for the rest of the music. Early April and we had all the music learned and most of the drill. The old days . . .

It was my first performance with the corps (I was a rookie, marching tymp). Pretty nervous. As we're walking to the left field "starting line," I hear someone yell "Kilties rule! Cavies suck!" Then people starting throwing stuff trying to bounce it off our tymps. I had an Oreo cookie hit my drum.

When we got to the concert formation to finish the rest of the show, I wound up standing exactly on the pitcher's mound rubber. Hilarious.

Good memories. I've still got the newspaper photos and the letter from Don Warren, our corps director, asking our school principals to let us out of school that day. I never bothered to ask my principal or my parents. Just had my Cavalier buddy pick me up at my bus stop that day and off to Wrigley Field we went!

That is a great story!

Edited by hrnguy500

Blue Knights played the National Anthem for the Rockies game on July 4th in 95 and 96 I believe.

BK also played for a Rockies game on July 4th, '04

Here's BFDTV's much better video from last nights performance by BAC at Fenway:

• Like 4

Here's BFDTV's much better video from last nights performance by BAC at Fenway:

That was cool.

Did the corps get to stay at Fenway after their performance? In 86 the kids had to leave after they played. However at the WS game the kids wore street clothes under their uniforms and kids who didn't want to stay took the unis and instruments for them and they stayed and walked around and stood where they could. Cheap Red Sox at the time. I didn't leave after the performance. It was a World Series for Pete's sake!!! No way was Ileaving!

Did the corps get to stay at Fenway after their performance? In 86 the kids had to leave after they played. However at the WS game the kids wore street clothes under their uniforms and kids who didn't want to stay took the unis and instruments for them and they stayed and walked around and stood where they could. Cheap Red Sox at the time. I didn't leave after the performance. It was a World Series for Pete's sake!!! No way was Ileaving!

My guess is that they couldn't stay...they had to be in Allentown on Saturday, I'm guessing they had a 6-7 hour bus trip ahead of them AFTER they fought through Boston traffic getting out of Fenway. Since you've been to Fenway, you know what I mean. The easiest way to get to and from that ballpark is via the subway located several blocks away, and even that can be an adventure.

Edited by Grumpy