Your DCI wishes for 2013

I like all the above (except maybe the dome show thing) and would like to add..

SCV gets a special dispensation to march one 58 year old snare. In an unprecidented act of synchronicity, my drumming skills simultaneously expand 5,000% AND my job gives me the whole summer off....

yeah - that could happen.....

• Like 3

I like all the above (except maybe the dome show thing) and would like to add..

SCV gets a special dispensation to march one 58 year old snare. In an unprecidented act of synchronicity, my drumming skills simultaneously expand 5,000% AND my job gives me the whole summer off....

yeah - that could happen.....

Fantastic! Love this :thumbup:

Oh ya, I want to see Drum Corps in 3D- and I would also like DCI to allow certain sites to allow certain videos......ya........

Ok Grandpa lol, I have a few words for why "yes" on the dome thing: no rainouts, no hot, no humid, no sunglare, mmmm air-conditioning. I'll trade off any wonky sounds for dome life. Oh, did I mention mmmmm air-conditioning? :w00t:

I agree on the "dancing drumline" - Less Please!

FAR Less "Body Movement" - as in none.

Please every corps leave the synths at home. For the most part they don't enhance - they just #### up the show.

More flags and rifles - lots more - FAR less group dance from the guard. Guess what - It doesn't enhance the show nearly as much as flags and rifles!

More cymbal lines!

Outlaw voice-overs completely - this year there are two big ones that only make me cringe and make it hard to appreciate what the kids are doing on the field.

No more "INT" jokes :tongue:

EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID!!!!

• Like 1

Ok Grandpa lol, I have a few words for why "yes" on the dome thing: no rainouts, no hot, no humid, no sunglare, mmmm air-conditioning. I'll trade off any wonky sounds for dome life. Oh, did I mention mmmmm air-conditioning? :w00t:

All sounds good, especially the AC, but my one experience with a dome was Indy in 2003. It wasn't good. To be fair - I haven't been to a show in Lucas Oil.

edit - Should the impossible happen and SCV doesn't get to march a 58 year old snare, maybe a trip to finals should be in my 2013 wish list.

In all seriousness, my biggest wish would be for more kids to be doing this. No folded corps, lots of new ones and the return of casualties both recent and historic.

Edited by Grandpa

All sounds good, especially the AC, but my one experience with a dome was Indy in 2003. It wasn't good. To be fair - I haven't been to a show in Lucas Oil.

From what I've heard (not personal experience, as I never got to go in the RCA Dome) the domes they use today aren't too bad compared to it, and if you listen to recordings you can kind of tell. It's really not that bad except the percussion lingering, obviously, but even that isn't so bad once you get accustomed to it and tune it out. Once I got engaged in shows, the only time I really even noticed the domeyness was if something happened to snap me out of it or hearing a really awesome release reverberate throughout the dome. I would agree on more dome shows - if it probably wouldn't cost a ton to book them.

So anyways, my wishes:

1. To be marching thumbup.gif

2. That corps will have record turnouts and we'll have more groups fielding full membership or close to it

3. Better financial stability for corps (kind of related to #2, but other factors would help)

4. Even better turnouts at shows than we have seen at points this year (sellouts ideally)

5. For BD to come out with a show that's a throwback to their roots but yet keeps hints of that crazy modern BD quirky ingenuity (I greatly enjoy and respect what they've done the past few years, but I've been waiting for them to do something along these lines for a couple of years now. I thought last year's show was a step in that direction and hope they can do something great this upcoming year that will also please the drum corps community).

6. For there to be a more-than-2-corps race at the end of the year for the championship

7. A similar race for finals (although we kind of have a taste of that this year)/

8. For corps to be more entertaining by whatever means necessary which would help contribute to #4

9. No folding of any corps, and that the corps that ran into trouble this year to take the right steps to get back on their feet

10. For it to be the best season ever! (cheesy wish to make it to ten tongue.gif)

• Like 1

To actually get to march my age-out and not get injured... :peek: