Lucas Oil

So with last nights MASSIVE weather hitting the area for the second year in a row the fans and our kids were protected by the dome. The show was able to go on. Had this been in a outdoor field or the roof retracted the show would have likely been massively delayed or possibly cancelled. Its probable that last year that people could have been hurt or killed with the weather activity. Last years Sugerland Concert should be a reminder of that.

So with that said and all that rides with DCI finals what are your thoughts with the Dome and INdy?

Edited by camel lips
  • Like 2

So with that said and all that rides with DCI finals what are your thoughts with the Dome and INdy?

I think Indy is the perfect host, but the Dome was torn down three years ago. :rolleyes: Lucas Oil Stadium is an enclosed venue, but no dome.

I present to you what we're missing.

rca_dome_imploded.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe Finals should be in the safest weather area in the country ......... ARIZONA!

I will never go to Lucas Oil. I don't do enclosed finals venues. That's why I spent well over a grand going to Allentown and Metlife this year. Those were my finals and I enjoyed the heck out of them.

I also hear Montana is nice this time of year..... or Winnepeg. Since it's Drum Corps International ... what about Australia? Or South Africa? Or Greece?... lord knows Greece could use the tourism right now.

Edited by supersop

So with last nights MASSIVE weather hitting the area for the second year in a row the fans and our kids were protected by the dome. The show was able to go on. Had this been in a outdoor field or the roof retracted the show would have likely been massively delayed or possibly cancelled. Its probable that last year that people could have been hurt or killed with the weather activity. Last years Sugerland Concert should be a reminder of that.

Except that it wouldn't have been in Indy without the roof! Bloomington had no problems either with last year's finals or yesterday's prelims. Just luck of the draw.

DCI is committed financially to staying in Indy. I don't like the sound, but there's nothing we can do about it.

Indoor drum corps is lame. Weather happens, we've dealt with it God knows how many times since the activity was founded.

With the exception of Jackson in 1993, Indy is the only place we've encountered rain during finals week, especially to the severity of Indy. Maybe it's not so much the enclosed stadium as location of the stadium. No rain in Whitewater, Ithaca, Philadelphia, Denver, Birmingham, Montreal, Miami, Atlanta, Madison, Kansas City, Buffalo, Dallas, Boston/Foxboro/Lowell, College Park, or Pasadena. There was a little rain in the late afternoon in Orlando, but it never rained during the show.

So, maybe it's Indy.

Garry in Vegas

• Like 1

As much as people like to argue the climate change issue, the last few years and all of the freaky storms we've had is proof of it, not just in Indy, but all over the country. Mother Nature was a little different years ago, now, no matter where Finals would've been held, you just never know what would happen weather-wise. I've only had the chance to go to Finals in Indy once, but with it being in the high 90s and humid outside the day I was there, the roof and the air conditioning were well appreciated.

With the exception of Jackson in 1993, Indy is the only place we've encountered rain during finals week, especially to the severity of Indy. Maybe it's not so much the enclosed stadium as location of the stadium. No rain in Whitewater, Ithaca, Philadelphia, Denver, Birmingham, Montreal, Miami, Atlanta, Madison, Kansas City, Buffalo, Dallas, Boston/Foxboro/Lowell, College Park, or Pasadena. There was a little rain in the late afternoon in Orlando, but it never rained during the show.

So, maybe it's Indy.

Garry in Vegas

Hardly. Orlando, Foxboro, Atlanta, Miami (one show was significantly delayed) all had rain issues. Kansas City had *extreme* heat issues, especially in '89.

Edited by Kamarag