Finals VODs and DVDs

Are the videos we see for the VODs are the same as the videos for the DVDs? This is my first time doing the FN+DVD thing.

Good question, FaustianMachine.. I just upgraded to FN Premium yesterday, so I'm not sure how that works.

and another question... anybody know when the Finals Performance from Saturday will be available for viewing via FN for the Premium Subscribers ? Somebody said over the weekend that today, Monday, we should have them available for viewing. Is this correct ?... or not ?

Edited by BRASSO

I’m guessing they will be edited for DVD

I know of at least 1 cracked solo that I doubt will make the DVD

Which solo, which Corps.. cowtown, just curious.

No, they will re-cut for the DVD/Blu-rays. The Finals VODs are almost certainly just a live cut that was being made when they were being recorded. But they have all the raw footage from all the cameras, and they'll re-edit to avoid showing dead time or major mistakes (or injuries, a la Crown 2010) and to make sure they capture the best highlights from the high cam and the detail cams.

There will also be a lot more video postprocessing and a significantly improved audio mix for the DVD/Blu-ray product.

Edited by skywhopper

Crown – cracked the biggie in Fanfare

oh shoot.. lots of exposure there, so if they frack it, you can hear it pretty easily.

Okay, so are the Finals VODs up? Because I ain't seeing nuttin.

Me neither. DCI is changing the name next month from " Videos on Demand " to " Videos When We're Good & Ready "

( I know, I 'm being an impatient crank today.. oh well )

Edited by BRASSO

Oh shoot ... lots of exposure there, so if they frack it, you can hear it pretty easily.

Yeah, it wasn't a huge error, but notable enough that when the Ott award was incorrectly announced as BD's, I wondered if that moment had made the difference!