Tampa Bay Thunder goes to England!

The Tampa Bay Thunder Drum and Bugle Corps is in the planning stages of taking the corps to England for DCUK competition in 2013. Many hurdles to overcome, logistics to be worked out but the Board of Directors has approved the initial planning stages for 2013.

“The entire experience for members is not just about the competition" states Mr. James Newman, Founder and President. "The Thunder philosophy is about giving our membership the opportunity to perform in general and not only on the field. The personal experiences and being exposed at other venues is really our goal”.

The Tampa Bay Thunder has adopted to this type of schedule this summer by conducting multiple performance opportunities around the state this summer and the members and viewers alike enjoy being active within the community. “We realize the financial commitment this will take and it is far from doing in-state performances but in the end the experience is worth it”.

The 2013 Audition process should be exciting this November for the 2013 season, as more details become available we will keep future members and the public posted.

• Like 1

:-) If there is any help/ Information that you guys need you only have to ask your Drum Corps brothers and Sisters across the pond !

I have an old Drum Corps friend that now lives in Clearwater. I'm sure she would be able to advise !

Very cool! Hope the planning goes smoothly.

We are working with Rob at Kids Grove, DCUK and all of our sponsors. Looking forward to some time with Rob at DCA.

JVN

Tampa Bay Thunder

Will see you in Annapolis Jim... Rob is great corps "people" ... one of the underrated aspects of Kidsgrove (one word) is Rob's visual writing ability... many watch their show and ask "What BIG name American arranger did they buy that visual book from?"

The answer is: They didn't buy the book... Rob Swindells is his name...

• Like 2

:-) If there is any help/ Information that you guys need you only have to ask your Drum Corps brothers and Sisters across the pond !

I have an old Drum Corps friend that now lives in Clearwater. I'm sure she would be able to advise !

Thanks Matt!

As Jim mentioned, we're going to be working with Kidsgrove on some of the planning.

We'd like to eventually make this trip every couple of years!