Drum Corps T-Shirts in the Movies

I guess we've all seen a stranger at some point somewhere (other than a drum corps show!) wearing a drum corps t-shirt. Real life is actually a small world. But it's pretty rare to see a drum corps t-shirt being worn in a Hollywood movie. One of those rare occurrences is being shown tonight (Aug. 17) on the HBO Family channel - Cloak and Dagger (1984) at 10:30 EDT. This movie is only notable for being Henry Thomas' first film after E.T., and the fact that a DCI Miami t-shirt makes an appearance about halfway through (if memory serves) worn by a random extra on a boat on the San Antonio Riverwalk. It's actually on-screen for almost a minute.

Are there any other drum corps t-shirt sightings in the movies?

Shawn

There is a Pacific Procession t-shirt in "We Bought a Zoo". I had one, and it looks like one from about 1982. The words "SANTA CLARA" in block letters is repeated, dropping down and to the right, then up toward the right shoulder as it passes through the color spectrum and shrinks. Curious where they found a shirt that old for a movie this recent.

Garry in Vegas

I am sure there are quite a few Zombies wearing them in the Living Dead series on AMC. I have not watched the show because dish killed the channel but being on set I know that there were quite a few DCI shirts.

In search of DCI zombies...

In the 2009 movie bandslam one of the kids in the rock band has a Garfield beyond tradition tshirt. Think he may be the sax or trombone player.

Opps...I was wrong....just found a reference on youtube that shows my memory is way off.

Edited by jonnyboy