Would this show hold up in front of today's sophisticated drum cor

I am a stone's throw from Tampa.

Perhaps a better forum is a sandwich board (that plays video) outside the Republican National Convention?

this is the wrong forum. everyone here knows alumni.

I dont care if the top 10 dci corps were on the slate, the crowd...any crowd....would be throwing babies at the end....just like this one did. This material would not be out of place...in fact, it just might steal the show.

No scores required. :smile:

And let's not be too naive...this is no half baked attempt; the Caballeros Alumni dont don the sombrero to go out and just have fun. The point of Flamenco Cha Cha and Espana Cani is to put the horns up and go out and kick some as s.

I freakin' LOVE this video....and hope you clicked on it :w00t:

Crazy Joe

Thanks for posting this! That year (2009) we had not finished the drill in time for the Grand Prix. With the the closing drill, 'Flamenco' was/is even better!

Both Jeff Ream and Big W are both fans who are very generous in their reviews and praise of our corps, and they are right, we do it for the pure enjoyment, not to compete. We are proud to take the field as representatives of the Hawthorne tradition. Crowds at the shows demonstrate their appreciation of what we do each time we appear. Just as Big W explains with the Indy Cars metaphor, I like to think of ourselves as a sort of 'living history' -- and the people enjoy it.

That pride in what we do will be on the field again this Sunday at the Alumni Spectacular. I hope you are able to catch our performance live, and come by to say hello.

Edited by cabalumnidrummer
  • Like 1

If its ok with you, I'll be using the Spanish version of my last name from now until Sunday night. Jimmy knows the story of how/why my mom got me into drum corps back in '79. It had everything to do with him and the Cabs.

Go get, 'em Sunday morning. :thumbup:

Joe Caballero

Thanks for posting this! That year (2009) we had not finished the drill in time for the Grand Prix. With the the closing drill, 'Flamenco' was/is even better!

Both Jeff Ream and Big W are both fans who are very generous in their reviews and praise of our corps, and they are right, we do it for the pure enjoyment, not to compete. We are proud to take the field as representatives of the Hawthorne tradition. Crowds at the shows demonstrate their appreciation of what we do each time we appear. Just as Big W explains with the Indy Cars metaphor, I like to think of ourselves as a sort of 'living history' -- and the people enjoy it.

That pride in what we do will be on the field again this Sunday at the Alumni Spectacular. I hope you are able to catch our performance live, and come by to say hello.

• Like 1

I like to ask "If you are taking the family next door to see their first drum corps show, what corps do you want in the lineup?"

Caballeros Alumni and Empire Statesmen are my first two choices. Same answer for many years.

• Like 2

I like to ask "If you are taking the family next door to see their first drum corps show, what corps do you want in the lineup?"

Caballeros Alumni and Empire Statesmen are my first two choices. Same answer for many years.

I'm flattered and honored by your statement. Thank you!