Would this show hold up in front of today's sophisticated drum cor

Would this show hold up in front of today's sophisticated drum corps crowd?

i'm thinking it would :smile:

Edited by wishbonecav

Would this show hold up in front of today's sophisticated drum corps crowd?

i'm thinking it would :smile:

I have often thought about corps that put in this level of effort like cabs alumni, bridgemen, les dips, etc,..............if corps like this actually took on getting scores at shows, I would suspect they could do fairly well,..........just saying,........

But they don't want to compete! That was why St. Joe's started....get together, do drum corps without the hassle of competing. Show up, play, socialize and have fun!

• Like 1

The point of the post was "hold up with today's sophisticated drum corps crowd".

Not "hold up in competition", but meet the high falutin sensibilities of today's sometimes hyper-discriminating audience.

it was a tongue in cheek comment.

Old school or not, 190 beats a minute or not, symphonic ensemble or not, there's no way you could dismiss it, IMO.

I dont care if the top 10 dci corps were on the slate, the crowd...any crowd....would be throwing babies at the end....just like this one did. This material would not be out of place...in fact, it just might steal the show.

No scores required. :smile:

And let's not be too naive...this is no half baked attempt; the Caballeros Alumni dont don the sombrero to go out and just have fun. The point of Flamenco Cha Cha and Espana Cani is to put the horns up and go out and kick some as s.

I freakin' LOVE this video....and hope you clicked on it :w00t:

Crazy Joe

But they don't want to compete! That was why St. Joe's started....get together, do drum corps without the hassle of competing. Show up, play, socialize and have fun!

Edited by wishbonecav

given that the Cabs alumni get rousing ovations everywhere they go, I think your question has been answered every time they hit the field.

Hell at some shows, they get a better reaction than the competing corps

• Like 1

it is pretty ridiculous :tongue:

given that the Cabs alumni get rousing ovations everywhere they go, I think your question has been answered every time they hit the field.

Hell at some shows, they get a better reaction than the competing corps

Joe, the Cabs Alumni still do Flamenco Cha-Cha, and killed the crowd at Scranton last year and this year. You been readin' my reviews? They certainly answer that question.

When they bring the old Watson Roadsters to Indy Car races and run them in exhibition, the crowd goes WILD. Same thing. An exciting piece of history and fun they can see, hear, and appreciate in a way videos and books can't entirely explain.

Jeff and I know the whole Alumni thing. It's a way we can still play a little, try and bring some excitement and joy to the audience, and not break our wallets in the process and still have time for other stuff. Compete? When I have the time, job that allows it, and $$$. A serious difference.

We are the choir.

I was hoping my little old post was worth a click through or two from a few in the congregation who might not have yet seen the light :tongue:

Joe, the Cabs Alumni still do Flamenco Cha-Cha, and killed the crowd at Scranton last year and this year. You been readin' my reviews? They certainly answer that question.

When they bring the old Watson Roadsters to Indy Car races and run them in exhibition, the crowd goes WILD. Same thing. An exciting piece of history and fun they can see, hear, and appreciate in a way videos and books can't entirely explain.

Jeff and I know the whole Alumni thing. It's a way we can still play a little, try and bring some excitement and joy to the audience, and not break our wallets in the process and still have time for other stuff. Compete? When I have the time, job that allows it, and $$$. A serious difference.

this is the wrong forum. everyone here knows alumni.