Question about "the lot" at DCA Championships this weekend

Hey, I'm heading over to Annapolis this weekend to check out the DCA corps. It's my first DCA show ever, after 25 years of DCI as a member and now a fan.

I assume that the drumlines warmup outside somewhere near the stadium, like junior corps shows, and that there will be a pretty good sized group of folks checking them out.

Does anyone know where, roughly, they might be warming up? Is there a typical or usual area somewhere near the stadium?

Thanks,

Rich

BAC 88-91 and beyond...

I would assume given the size of the lot they will be somewhere in there. best advice is "listen' for the drums

Hey, I'm heading over to Annapolis this weekend to check out the DCA corps. It's my first DCA show ever, after 25 years of DCI as a member and now a fan.

I assume that the drumlines warmup outside somewhere near the stadium, like junior corps shows, and that there will be a pretty good sized group of folks checking them out.

Does anyone know where, roughly, they might be warming up? Is there a typical or usual area somewhere near the stadium?

Thanks,

Rich

BAC 88-91 and beyond...

I also recommend you actually come in and watch everyone if you're there Saturday. :satisfied:

There's some good shows you'll miss if you're lot crawling. :satisfied:

Get to mini-corps on Friday!

I also recommend you actually come in and watch everyone if you're there Saturday. :satisfied:

There's some good shows you'll miss if you're lot crawling. :satisfied:

From what I understand, the warmup area is far enough away from the stadium that corps will be bussing from warmup to the gate. Something to keep in mind.

I would but I'm not stayin' over, I'm headed down for Prelims Saturday and then to my parents for the rest of my vacation. I may not get the review up until late next week.

No Finals?

Edited by Kyle B

No Finals?

I have wanted to see everyone for some time, and I mean everyone. I've wanted to see the Gades, Kilts, Govies, Kidsgrove, Excelsior, CT et al. If you notice, I usually stay very quiet about those groups because I don't want to comment on something I've never seen or heard because it's not fair at all to the members of those corps. And I don't mean seeing video, though I do love the Gades in video. :satisfied:

The best place for that is Prelims. I didn't want to stay over. Save a little buxx.

Maybe some day I'll scrounge a Bugle or good B Flat Marching Bari and do I and E, a duet, solo, small group- and spend the weekend. :satisfied: I can still play as long as it's not too long or loud all at once. :tongue: