The Cavaliers announce 2013 design team

Awesome. We don't all have the same standard of what "good" is. But in a competitive situation the object is to be undeniably "the best".

Anyone ever seen a 7-12 show and felt like that show/corps was undeniably "the best"? I haven't ever experienced that.

Cavaliers will be competitive again and I can't wait to see it!

You ask a question of me that is not quite the concern and/ or priority for me that it might be with you. For example, perhaps you attend shows to determine who is " the best ". Thats cool. I attend shows to find out which one is the " most entertaining " as it is defined by me. As such, at local shows, I usually leave after I've determined which was the " most entertaining " ( and my personal placements for this at the show ) and then let the judges decide who was " the best " on the judging sheets they use. We are usually on the highway when the judges scores are announced. Only at Regionals do I have some interest in the scores and placements. But even then, its not what brings me out to the shows. Some of my " best " shows didn't place well at all. That doesn't concern me.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

What entertains you?

Its an unanswerable question for me, as my tastes are varied and diverse. I tend to prefer shows however with identifiable and cogent themes where the music, visual, guard are well integrated. I loved ( for just one example ) The 2008 Cavaliers " Samurai " show. That was unique, particularly the Asian style drumming in the show. Costumes, drill, music,etc everything, really worked well for me with this show, even though it did not win ( 'could've cared less with that.. as it did not diminish one iota my enjoyment level for the show). Shows that have a confused theme can somtimes work for me, if the music is enjoyable, but its a bigger uphill battle with such a Corps with me. That said, there are shows that have had a clear and cogent theme, but it fell flat for me for one reason or another. So its hard to answer what'll work or not work for me. How about you ? What do you tend to like ?

Edited by BRASSO

Oh, no...Here comes the waffles response again.

3, 2, 1...

haha.... true