DCI remove Teal Sound from dci.org

I think this tells us all we need to know about Teal Sound making a come back in 2013.

This whole sorry episode is starting to look more and more like a hoax.

I think it is actually a "great" thing for them! They need to be held accountable before being allowed to re-enter DCI.

I know for a fact that Forte has folded and are liquidating all equipment and uniforms to pay off debts. I contacted them last month to see what their status was. I got a reply back from someone (business manager or board member, didn't identify themself) still with them replied back that they were finished and with all their past problems and reputation to end the corps. The kids I met at the Dallas show were super. A bunch of corps are going to get a good bunch of kids this season.

• Like 1

They need to be held accountable before being allowed to re-enter DCI.

Agreed as concerns Forte. Confused as concerns Revolution: the last I had heard was just after Open Class finals, when Revolution announced they weren't attending the World Class events in Indianapolis later that week because their equipment truck had been damaged to the tune of $12,000. At the time, it seemed very responsible of them to not spend money they didn't have going to Indy -- the kind of thing you've been regularly calling for of late. Does anyone know what happened after that?

I think this tells us all we need to know about Teal Sound making a come back in 2013.

This whole sorry episode is starting to look more and more like a hoax.

Well, the "comeback" Teal corps would be a brand new corps, so even if the people behind it are serious, they'd need to rejoin DCI after they got all their other stuff together, and that would take a while.

DCI is building the schedule for next season at this time, so the corps that can't commit to being there next year are off the list. The good news is that Racine is still on the list thus far. Hope we see them back next year.

Well, the "comeback" Teal corps would be a brand new corps, so even if the people behind it are serious, they'd need to rejoin DCI after they got all their other stuff together, and that would take a while.

DCI is building the schedule for next season at this time, so the corps that can't commit to being there next year are off the list. The good news is that Racine is still on the list thus far. Hope we see them back next year.

Looks like it's not a hoax, my understanding is the person behind this is actually trying to re-start Teal Sound... or what ever the new corps name is.

Not in the game of publicly naming names but in my opinion, this attempt should be regarded as toxic.... I'll be keeping well away!!!

Edited by 3rd Glasgow BB
  • Like 1