help me identify these locations

..............Hmm, what we really need is a rich benefactor.

A benefactor that understands our activity gives more back to society than it takes away. The membership of these corps go on to be productive, self disciplined members of each community. Many become teachers. What could be more rewarding ?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A benefactor that understands our activity gives more back to society than it takes away. The membership of these corps go on to be productive, self disciplined members of each community. Many become teachers. What could be more rewarding ?

I was being more specific... to release some of the historic material requires someone to come up with the rather sizable up-front synchronization fees. Notwithstanding the validity of your post :smile:

Edited by scottgordon

Thanks! If anyone responds, please let me know what they say.

This reply had the following info: "The first set is LaCrosse, Wisconsin, I think. No idea about the other two..."

Hmm, given that the previous poster's list doesn't have SCV or Blue Stars competing there in 1971, I'm not sure that LaCrosse is possible.

Scott, On 7/5/1971 in Lacrosse, WI (day after Dubuque contest, two days after Wheeling) Santa Clara won, Troopers were second and Madison third.

Blue Stars were in judged exhibition as this was their home contest (Mississippi Rhapsody)

All three corps you are looking for in that first location, SCV, Scouts and Blue Stars were here (along with Troopers) so this could very possibly be it.

Edited by fleabag

That's awesome... great detective work!

Terri, who was the person on the Troopers forum that identified the location? I'd like to include his/her name in the credits.

Fleabag, do you happen the know the scores from LaCrosse? I can ask Brian if you don't know.

Now the last remaining mystery is location #2. I really don't expect anyone to recognize location #3. Thanks everyone!

I guess I could have cleared this up long ago, had I not omitted the fact that both the Troopers and SCV appeared in LaCrosse.

I don't know how I missed that in my files. I had posted about Madison being there, but left the others out.

The scores for July 5, 1971 LaCrosse:

SCV--82.30

Troopers--79.75

Madison--74.75

Edited by Northern Thunder

That's awesome... great detective work!

Terri, who was the person on the Troopers forum that identified the location? I'd like to include his/her name in the credits.

Fleabag, do you happen the know the scores from LaCrosse? I can ask Brian if you don't know.

Now the last remaining mystery is location #2. I really don't expect anyone to recognize location #3. Thanks everyone!

The Trooper alum was Casey Smith. Thanks for including him!

I really don't expect anyone to recognize location #3.

Why not? There's a ferris wheel to the audience's right....that should ring a bell with someone. Show must have been staged in conjunction with a local fair.

Plus, it appears that two different people had recording equipment set up on field level. The only 1971 show I know of that fits this description would be the Combine show in Wheeling. Is it definitely 1971?