George Hopkins

PhanCademy

Dude... What's everybody's deal with George Hopkins. He seems like a pretty OK guy

• Like 2

Jealousy? I never had any issue with him, personally.

George is out there aggressively trying to improve an activity in which he enjoys a position of influence. He's doing what he should be doing. We don't have to like his ideas, just respect them. He deserves that much. The same respect each of you would expect should you be in his shoes.

Jealousy? I never had any issue with him, personally.

Yeah but you even get along with me and Ream..... :devil:

My issue with George Hopkins is that he has changed too much. I understand much of the changes he has brought to the activity have been competitively beneficial, but they have also caused the standards of performance to go too high, and as a result has caused many organizations to be rendered uncompetitive. There are certain traditions such as G horns that I feel should have been left alone. My strongest concern with "Hoppy" is the implementation of electronics, narration, and synthesizers. I feel those instruments have destroyed the drum corps sound and driven the equipment costs so high that it has defeated the original purpose of the drum corps activity.

• Like 1

Yeah but you even get along with me and Ream..... :devil:/>

True! very true! :doh:

My issue with George Hopkins is that he has changed too much. I understand much of the changes he has brought to the activity have been competitively beneficial, but they have also caused the standards of performance to go too high, and as a result has caused many organizations to be rendered uncompetitive. There are certain traditions such as G horns that I feel should have been left alone. My strongest concern with "Hoppy" is the implementation of electronics, narration, and synthesizers. I feel those instruments have destroyed the drum corps sound and driven the equipment costs so high that it has defeated the original purpose of the drum corps activity.

I think he's just mad that he didn't come up with Blast!