What would you want to see at a drum corps museum?

I'd also like to see a room or practice room in that museum too becauseas you know if there's a drum corps museum, there's going to be drummers there that's going to want to start playing drums and stuff once they start seeing all the drums, drumlines and corps stuff there, so thus, there'll be a need for a place inside that museum to let them blow off some steam.

(I just thought I'd inject a bit of humor into this lol)

Edited by En929

Interactive display of bugles and drums.

Buy some drum sticks for $10 at the display, then you get to actually play on classic drums and drum heads from the various eras to see how they sound and how they feel.

Bugles, I'm not so sure. Maybe have some sanitized mouth pieces you could rent or buy for for $10, then try to play the different sops made by King, DEG, Getzen, etc.

For flags I would like to see not just the types of flags, but flags made famous by the various corps in championship years. Let people take their shot at spinning them.

To each his own, but make it an ACTIVE experience, as well as a passive one.

And of course, like museums that sell copies of the Constitution or Gettysburg Address, make sure there are copies of the classic Album Covers with LINER NOTES available for $10. Autographed liner notes signed by Michael Boo, available for an additional $5. cool.gif

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

And of course, like museums that sell copies of the Constitution or Gettysburg Address, make sure there are copies of the classic Album Covers with LINER NOTES available for $10. Autographed liner notes signed by Michael Boo, available for an additional $5. cool.gif

Autographed liner notes signed by Michael Boo, available at a $5 discount compared to the unsigned notes.

An opportunity to pick up equipment and spin or play is definitely way up on the list.

Until someone puts out an eye.

One reason we don't see more guard kids hurt is that they have such good instruction. I shudder to think what would happen if someone with no knowledge of how to approach spinning a rifle or sabre tried to do so and then hurt themselves or someone near them.

• Like 1

Years ago I tried to imagine what it would be like if Bootsy Collins co-hosted the broadcast with Rondinaro, Delucia and Cesario...

Darn you, Daniel. Every once in awhile you put up something that forces me to give you a green plus.

And then I have to go take a shower.

Methinks Mr. Boo has been waiting for this question for a long time. Hydration advancements? Sunscreen through the ages? Good luck with that, but many good suggestions nonetheless. He certainly covered the bases.

How about some kind of device that measures how much air a person can blow, over a period of time. The point being: See if you can move as much air as this mello player here. You'd have visitors passing out and piling up.

Or, same idea vis drumming: Patron plays on a pad while looking into a TV screen of a snare drummer playing on a drum, staring right back at the patron. The double-stroke roll begins very slowly, and the visitor tries to match the drummer on the screen, stroke for stroke. The tempo increases gradually. Some kind of sensor measures how well, and for how long, the visitor matches the electronic drummer.

Some kind of you-are-in-the-line, virtual-reality exhibit. Think one of those Disney "rides" where it's all visual projections and mind games. This time, you're the trumpet player, and projected all around you are the other members of the line, and the rest of the corps, and the floor/room tips and jolts ever so slightly to reinforce the sensation of forward/back, stop/start, front/rear.

Oh, and a gift shop. Wouldn't be a museum without one.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Like 1

####! Was shooting for something that would inspire you to take a bubble bath.

Well, that would give me a chance to utilize my Secret Santa gift from Michael Cesario.

choc_bubble_bath_and_shower_wash_bottles.jpg

• Like 3

Methinks Mr. Boo has been waiting for this question for a long time. Hydration advancements? Sunscreen through the ages? Good luck with that, but many good suggestions nonetheless. He certainly covered the bases.

How about some kind of device that measures how much air a person can blow, over a period of time. The point being: See if you can move as much air as this mello player here. You'd have visitors passing out and piling up.

Or, same idea vis drumming: Patron plays on a pad while looking into a TV screen of a snare drummer playing on a drum, staring right back at the patron. The double-stroke roll begins very slowly, and the visitor tries to match the drummer on the screen, stroke for stroke. The tempo increases gradually. Some kind of sensor measures how well, and for how long, the visitor matches the electronic drummer.

Some kind of you-are-in-the-line, virtual-reality exhibit. Think one of those Disney "rides" where it's all visual projections and mind games. This time, you're the trumpet player, and projected all around you are the other members of the line, and the rest of the corps, and the floor/room tips and jolts ever so slightly to reinforce the sensation of forward/back, stop/start, front/rear.

Oh, and a gift shop. Wouldn't be a museum without one.

No...sometimes the flood gates just open.

I love your ideas. Interactive is the new whatever the opposite of interactive is.

• Like 1