Steve Cooley Fan Club

Holy Cow...(used by permission of "The Scooter")

John, Jonesy and Hagelburger are in too!

I better join, he invited me into his squad when we all did the 2011 massed BAA hornline. Along with Walt Street and THE Carl Allison.

Irv and Sandy can come out and play anytime...I only wish...I remember when the Rockets sent Irv, Dave, and Sandy into the judges meeting after a show when they didn't especially agree with the drumming mark. The minute they walked in the door, the chief judge got really scared and announced "This meeting is officially closed. Everybody out!" Now THAT's intimidation...They never even said a word.If the judges had even talked and listened to them, they would have found out what reasonable, kind, and gentle people they were...they looked pretty dangerous...and if a fight broke out...they had your back. Looks sure can be deceiving, but they had hearts of gold.

• Like 1

What great times we enjoyed...and the success...the achievement...and all of the friendship, fellowship and enemies that we picked up along the way. Believe it or not...it still is ongoing...I talk with people that were in some of my hornlines that now teach the Buccaneers, Santa Clara, Boston Crusaders...and the Dansville White Sabers among many others...and they still have the excitement, enthusiasm,and love for this idiom.It has evolved and is still in control of it's own destiny by those who are successful. What makes it successful is the competition.The joy of playing and teaching is a side benefit.

• Like 2

"And if a fight broke out, they had your back". Absolutely! :thumbup:/>

If one of us had cash, we ALL had cash. If one of us had food, we ALL had food. If one of us had beer... three of us had beer. (I am a non drinker) :tongue:/>

If one of yinz had CASH...you took the CASH CAB!!!

If one of yinz had CASH...you took the CASH CAB!!!

AND...We have the pictures to prove it!

BTW...They are taking it off the air this year...

All the - Cash Cab - shirts were worn to the breakfast for the induction of Steve Cooley into the World Drumcorps Hall of Fame.... Donnie Allen was the person who named the shirts/people "Cash Cab"... I think we had 5 or 6 people who wore the shirts that weekend of DCA finals....

Pgh Guy Bari 2

Extraordinaire

John G

• Like 1