Glassmen Cookbook

The Great Corps Food Truck Cook-Off! I like it.

they need to get jamie oliver to host it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This post got me thinking that food trucks are kind of a hot item these days and maybe a great opportunity for some off-season fund raising. The food truck cook-off idea is great. Here in Charlotte in the NODA area the food trucks circle up every weekend and do really well, and down in Charleston, SC there is a food truck "rodeo" every weekend. I don't see why corps can't use their decked out mobile kitchens for some fund raising/exposure in the off-season.

Let's see if this works.... Posting the picture, I mean.

549249_4138437510760_469241167_n.jpg

Edited by PunkRawkBandGeek

This post got me thinking that food trucks are kind of a hot item these days and maybe a great opportunity for some off-season fund raising. The food truck cook-off idea is great. Here in Charlotte in the NODA area the food trucks circle up every weekend and do really well, and down in Charleston, SC there is a food truck "rodeo" every weekend. I don't see why corps can't use their decked out mobile kitchens for some fund raising/exposure in the off-season.

DC has a food truck tracking website so you can see which trucks are near your office at lunch time that day then you can decide what truck to hit for lunch.

I would imagine a website as opposed to the physical book would make the fundraising side of it much more difficult.

How many copies of this book are they going to sell? 500, max? Not so much revenue there.

Make it a free website with some cool tools like Daniel said and sell ads.

DC has a food truck tracking website so you can see which trucks are near your office at lunch time that day then you can decide what truck to hit for lunch.

Unfortunately, once you start selling to the general public, then you've got many other issues to contend with that make this option much less feasible.

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1